Active Topics

It works for me *whistle*

Anyone have a copy of a working config file they can post?

Hmm, I've tried the old SIM card method with no luck. I tried to add Nokia Messaging through wifi but the option was still not there. I hope Nokia fixes this issue soon, I am tired of checking everyone of my e-mail accounts.

hey you have to get an att sim card and add the nokia messenger service on wifi then put your tmobile sim back in...tmobile has an issue with packet data

Would the at&t prepaid sim cards work for getting the service? I've no access to anyone with at&t so thinking of grabbing a cheap prepay.

when I use the austrian "bob" Sim card, there'se no Nokia Messaging option. with my "A1 (Vodafone)" Simcard i do get Nokia Messaging.
Both times i connected through WiFi

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by unclepecos View Post
Would the at&t prepaid sim cards work for getting the service?
I have use my N900 on AT&T prepaid, and yes, Nokia Messaging shows up in the list of service provider options. I haven't tried using it, as IMAP checking every five minutes seems good enough to me, but it's there.

I can confirm that the AT&T SIM swap method works for Tmobile users.

I have a Tmobile account, and was able to successfully use an AT&T SIM from a co-worker to get the Nokia Messaging option to show up when adding a new account.
After I set up Nokia Messaging, I switched back to my Tmobile SIM, and it's now working without problems.

Love being able to receive the emails almost immediately.
It's great to have IMAP access and all, but waiting 2-5 minutes for my gmail and work email accounts to refresh was a joke.

Nokia Messaging is very good, almost on par with my old Blackberry service.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I also have this problem. My theory is that this aspect of Nokia Messaging came with the original firmware and goes away when a complete reflash is done.

Someone said that if you flash an Asian version of the firmware, Nokia Messaging comes back. I never tried it.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I also have this problem. My theory is that this aspect of Nokia Messaging came with the original firmware and goes away when a complete reflash is done.

Someone said that if you flash an Asian version of the firmware, Nokia Messaging comes back. I never tried it.
Where can I find the Asian verson of the firmware?

I have been using Nokia Messaging on T-Mobile US without issue until yesterday I totally reflashed with 1.2 (global) and emmc. Now there is no more Nokia Messaging option to setup my email