Active Topics

Notices

Im now using this Script to fetch my mails via Alarmed every hour:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:"[ANY]" uint32:0
sleep 10
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.modest /com/nokia/modest com.nokia.modest.SendReceive
I set Connect Automatically to my gprs-connection, and the Scan to never. In the Mail-Application i set update every 30 minutes.

seems to work till now.

Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
I
Strange it should connect to a network. It's exactly the same as clicking on the MFE "Synchronize manually" button.
Is the autofetching working for you ? It's just syncing when clicking the button, but not automatically for me.

Do you already have an idea on how to implement 3G or dual mode switch mode?
Would be nice to see in the next version
I have voted for the current version in extras-testing

The Following User Says Thank You to DaSilva For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by DaSilva View Post
Do you already have an idea on how to implement 3G or dual mode switch mode?
Would be nice to see in the next version
I have voted for the current version in extras-testing
It's just an UI adjustment. It will be definitely in the next version.

The Following User Says Thank You to calvin_42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 111 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Integrating into the RSS widget to an RSS feed and is in the settings that it is updated every two hours, then it does have two hours of an Internet connection is established. But since the upgrade to v.0.4-1 is no longer that function. Now it automatically tries to connect to the Internet but it is never made. But if you build a manual Internet connection in the RSS widget, then it works.

So there must exist a blocking automatic updates, which is probably caused by AutoDisconnect. For before I have the latest version (v0.4-1) had more of everything.
I have now asked in another forum once if someone has installed the new firmware PR1.2 and also the internal RRS uses widget with the automatically connects. But just does not use AutoDisconnect.

With him, the RRS widget still automatically connects to the Internet.
So it is probably still a bug in the latest version AutoDisconnect be included.

Originally Posted by Dr.MZ View Post
I have now asked in another forum once if someone has installed the new firmware PR1.2 and also the internal RRS uses widget with the automatically connects. But just does not use AutoDisconnect.

With him, the RRS widget still automatically connects to the Internet.
So it is probably still a bug in the latest version AutoDisconnect be included.
So since you didn't seem to have read my response to your message :

Originally Posted by calvin_42
I will investigate this problem. But I don't think I can reproduce it. Don't forget that on the N900, the applications don't make the device connect to the Internet (See https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7180).

The AutoConnect feature is interesting indeed. Can you confirm that :

- if an app want to refresh data every 2 hours let's say at 1PM, 3PM, 5PM.
- If your phone is only connected from 4PM to 4.15PM

=> the app will be updated at 4.15PM ?

I think it's the case with MFE but I have no idea for the other apps. So if it's not the case, an AutoConnect feature seems to be hard to implement (you cannot choose the update time on every app).
I had to run a few tests myself using the RSS Widget, after having uninstalled AutoDisconnect. So as I already said to you, the RSS widget won't update automatically if the device is not connected, with or without AutoDisconnect. Moreover an AutoConnect feature won't change anything, because the user case above doesn't work.

So if you want the RSS Widget to be updated every hour, the only way is to be connected. AutoDisconnect isn't bugged, but since its functionality is to disconnect your device.. not very hard to understand why the update doesn't work anymore. It won't reconnect by itself to Internet, because that how the n900 has been designed. See #7180.

Cheers.

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
For automatical connection you might give alarmed or fcron a try. I'm running alarmed with an hourly connection command and autodisconnect then is responsible for disconnecting again, when all traffic is done.
Works perfectly!

Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
For automatical connection you might give alarmed or fcron a try. I'm running alarmed with an hourly connection command and autodisconnect then is responsible for disconnecting again, when all traffic is done.
Works perfectly!
If you don't see any bugs, you can follow the link in my signature

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by calvin_42 View Post
If you don't see any bugs, you can follow the link in my signature
I'm not sure if this is a bug or normal behaviour:
Sometimes it doesn't switch to 2G after disconnecting. But I can't yet find out wether this probably depends on manual connecting. But to be honest, I can't imagine why this should be related. After disconnecting, Autodisconnect should always switch to 2G if enabled in the settings, right? Or are there any circumstances that make it not switching?

(OK, I just see it is marked as beta)

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by x-lette View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bug or normal behaviour:
Sometimes it doesn't switch to 2G after disconnecting. But I can't yet find out wether this probably depends on manual connecting. But to be honest, I can't imagine why this should be related. After disconnecting, Autodisconnect should always switch to 2G if enabled in the settings, right? Or are there any circumstances that make it not switching?

(OK, I just see it is marked as beta)
I can confirm that. I connect, as written above, manual and sometimes it doesn't switch to 2G, sometimes it does.

The Following User Says Thank You to nebel For This Useful Post: