Active Topics

Same for me here.
How can I add maps?

Hey, that was easy.
Maps can be found in the OVI store as well.
However, I just realized that the App is obviously limited to a 7-days trial.
Is there any way to extend the trial or would it be necessary to purchase a license? How much would that cost? Is there any free software applicable that would be recommended?

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
If you want use Sygic you've to buy it.
If you want a free gps navigator you can hope Nokia release ovi maps free for N900 too like it did for symbian models or hope for development of Navit (today I know is a free project) on N900.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Exeter (UK)
I,ve done the update with no problems

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Please do not give advice to do any illegal actions.

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Please do not give advice to do any illegal actions.
can someone kill him??

sorry abt posting tht.. i thought warez links are not allowed. bt google links allowed.. lol

I have same problem with Sygic, I purchased it from them directly when it first came out. After doing a complete flash to PR1.2 - firmware and mmc and then doing a restore from a backup made prior to the flash. It would start then immediately crash. I have done a complete uninstall with the purge option and have tried reinstalling with the original .deb file from Sygic - no luck and then updating from the repository with no luck. I have wrote to Sygic and they said to make sure some directories existed, they did not so I created them, this did not help. Anyone have any ideas.

Mike

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I had the same issue. I was advised to download and then run Sygic Assistant on my PC. You the connect the N900 in mass storage mode.. This seems to reinstal the maps and voices etc. Worked a treat and then I had to use my product activation code to re-activate the product.

I could not find my code and had to email Sygic. They repliedin less than a day. Excellent customer servie.

My problem solved, I thought that the .deb file was all that was involved in the original install. I had forgot that they had sent a zip file with several directories that had to be copied to the phone. I recopied all these to the phone, reinstalled the .deb file and updated from the repository. I had to reuse my product code. This fixed my problem.