Active Topics

I have a problem related to Modest and the Check Names option.

Before PR1.2 I could write a partial e-mail address in the To: field and Modest would search the contact automagically.

Now, this functionality still works but not as well as before. Now if fails to find contacts it could find before.

For example I have a contact with an adress similar to jsmith@server.com.

Before I wrote jsmith in the To: field and Modest would pick the complete address. Now, this doest not work with many contacts. Which is frustrating.

My N900 with PR 1.2 is more laggy and slower than 1.1.1. Do you guys think i should reflash my phone (I reflashed it, didn't update OTA) or is it suppose to be like that?

hrm yeh iv noticed since pr 1.2 update my phone is heaps slower and tends to lag when i have more than one app/window open

solutions?

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bulacan, Philippines
No colon and semi-colon on the virtual keyboard! Aaaargh

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brighton, UK
Originally Posted by Pressure View Post
No colon and semi-colon on the virtual keyboard! Aaaargh
I have them above the comma and full-stop, try shifting and it's with the capital letters. (is for me with a UK layout anyway).

Originally Posted by toki View Post
hrm yeh iv noticed since pr 1.2 update my phone is heaps slower and tends to lag when i have more than one app/window open

solutions?
+1 here although done OTA. Going to reflahs it soon to see if I can get it running properly....

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
yehh me 2 but it would be also satisfying if the dev. team comes with updates for the apps... ohyeh another bug

when im skyping with my friends, and i send 'manually' a smily like or :P
i dont see the smileys.. first with the PR 1.1 i saw that..

Originally Posted by yupa View Post
Bluetooth is gone for me too after upgrade... I hope someone finds a quick solution in few days otherwise I'll have to reflash...
PS Radio FM is gone too, It's definitely a problem with the activation of the chip (kernel related?)
My brother got a replacement phone and we upgraded directly to 1.2 and theres no option to choose enable fm-transmittter anywhere. Because its a new phone we never checked if there was option to choose fm-transmitting in 1.1, why should we? We didn't know the problem even existed til now!

So what should we do? Reflash the phone or does this solve the problem. Returning the phone is not really an option. And no the phone is not greek. It should be swedish.

Anyone else had this experiens with 1.2?

Two things that I have noticed:

1) Harder to read small font on browser.
2) Double tapping to zoom on browser is not working as well as it used to. For example, talk.maemo.org and other forums it doesn't zoome to the width of replies. This is super annoying, because it worked so well before and I use it all the time.

The Following User Says Thank You to pillar For This Useful Post:
I am using GPE calendar and since upgrading, cannot enter appointments at 11:xx or 12:xx anymore, as the last digit entered in the hour-field is automatically followed by a space. Not an issue with hours 00 through 09 because the calendar accepts a single digit and a space as valid input as well. 11 and 12 can also be entered by clicking on the clock symbol & scrolling through the hours, so it may seem a small nuisance, but it makes the GPE calendar unusable for my purposes.

The corresponding option (I guess) in Settings -> Text Input -> Insert space after word is not activated and never has been (tried switching it on, on and then off, but no difference).

I'd really appreciate it if someone knows a workaround for this.

I would also like to know what to expect when restoring the backup made before upgrading.