Active Topics

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Not really madness. Nokia never pushed the N900. No ads no nothing. The N900 was an experiment if you will. It was never intended as a flagship product. The N97 was.
Actully they did ads for the N900 after it was released but yes it was an experiment that did better then they thought

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
the article went on to say Gartner tracks operating system numbers.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Seems like you two thought of posting this at about the same time.

Behold.

The only n900 ad I ever saw was on my xbox.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ space coast
read that right after i posted

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
"10 904 485 downloads served for Maemo 5 (Last update: 2010-05-28 04:09)"

Source: http://maemo.org/downloads/Maemo5/
Yeah, and what does that mean, Quim? Are you trying to claim 10.9 million separate downloads? Does each update to an app count as a separate download? Surely Nokia knows how many devices it has sold. Why not just spit it out? Spitting out a number like 10.9 million without providing any context is the worse sort of fud. I think a lot of people are getting sick of ambiguous, hard to interpret statements Nokia is making, the promises that aren't, etc.

There is a real opportunity for Nokia to engage its community on this and other issues. If Nokia isn't going to make clear, unambiguous statements, then it should frankly stop making statements on these forums entirely.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rocketman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
"10 904 485 downloads served for Maemo 5 (Last update: 2010-05-28 04:09)"

Source: http://maemo.org/downloads/Maemo5/
Even citing that figure is misleading in a thread about sales, it seems to me, unless you have some sort of theory about the relationship between sales and downloads.

My guess is there is no discernible relationship.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
downloads != sales
Of course, but there is a correlation. Pick a calculator (if you need it) to get the average downloads per (said) device sold and get conclusions for yourself.

Last edited by qgil; 2010-05-28 at 10:44.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010

from one of the biggest tech store chain in greece
________
Live sex webshows

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:36.

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
Not really madness. Nokia never pushed the N900. No ads no nothing. The N900 was an experiment if you will. It was never intended as a flagship product. The N97 was.
Not true for all countries in the UK large wall posters in london in Tube stations (Busy stations as well where hundreds of thousands would have viewed)
Vodafone and carphone warehouse both advertised as the ultimate webbrowsing device on both websites and instore.

Vodafones eforum had huge amounts of people desperate to get hold of one and users. They went on to back order several times i belive.

Vodafones sales people at least in the retentions department were bigging up the phone.

Plenty of Magazine and newspaper mentions which normally are just the press releases from Nokia and resellers I guess.

Tags
nokia n900, sales