Active Topics

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ A place called home
I am having an N770 with latest OS2007HE.
I also "boot from MMC"'ed it.

Since I would not like the "sound" and "display" icons to be displayed on my status bar, I went to Tools -> Control Panel -> Personalization -> Navigation -> Status bar, and I dis-checked "Sound" and "Display" and then hit "OK".
The screens refreshes itself but the status bar did not change at all, which means the Sound and Display icons are still there.
Is there something wrong with my configuration?

Another question is how many icons can the Status Bar host?
I'm having 7 (Battery, Wifi, Sound, Display, GTalk, BlutTooth and MailNotifier) and I have also installed "load-applet", which is supposed to display CPU and Memory load on status bar. But it is not there. I am assuming that is because I am having too many icons on Status Bar?

Any thoughts?
TIA.
Regards,
Alex.

Can somebody help me?

Yeah, there is a max number of status icons and it will hide extras. I don't know of a way to remove icons from the bar. Try rebooting and see if the hidden icon switches to a lesser used app.

Also your CPU monitor. Did the app also install a home applet? I know they exist and I'm hoping it was bundled with your cpu status bar app.

I have tried my friend's 770 and when I unselect some items in Control Panel, they would disappear when I save the configuration.
But I just counld save any changes on my device...weird...

I was wondering if there is a "status bar config file" that I can manually edit and save?

@wassabi:
Thanks for your input.
Actually I know of a way to remove icons but I just couldnt save the changes...
As to the CPU monitor, I installed the "load-applet" and I do no know what a home applet is (me a newbie). But they just would not appear in my status bar.

lol, and I have no idea what you are talking about in the control panel. I guess I'm also a newb. Care to point me to it?

Also may I have the name of the monitor you installed. I had one installed before then deleted it.

But for the applet, visit the home screen and tap the home title bar at the top, then select applets. Reposition to your liking and tap the green checkmark in the upper right hand corner when finished.

EDIT:
Forgot you had HE, no wonder I've never heard of that control panel option. I run SE lol

Last edited by wassabi; 2007-08-13 at 15:43.

I've tried everything I could come up with but no luck...
I guess I'm gonna let it be and hope the new version of 2007HE will be released soon.

As to the monitor, I've installed two, one is "load-applet"(https://garage.maemo.org/projects/load-applet/) and the other is CPU-meter(http://inz.fi/maemo/cpu-meter/), they both used to worked fine on my 770 with OS2006 but when I upgraded to 2007HE, both refuse to show up ever since...