Posts: 313 | Thanked: 247 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ USA
Same here, used the ATT SIM to configure NM account, once the account is configured you can switch back to T-Mo.

Unfortunately I have the same issue as some of the other posters on this thread.
I'm using a T-Mobile SIM, and I'm in Southern California. Nokia Messaging is missing from the list of providers, which is unfortunate.
I also don't have access to another provider's SIM at this time. Not really a big deal, as I can still use IMAP to get my email, but I imagine I'll have to wait for an official 'fix' or so.

Popped in my buddy's SIM from his ATT Iphone earlier today, accessed data OTA and the Nokia Messaging option was there during setup; but I kept getting an error. Perhaps I need to try again via wi-fi with his SIM?

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Resolved for me using old non-T-Mobile sim to set up Nokia Messaging then inserting t-mobile sim back in once Nokia Messaging is set up.

Thanks all for work around

UPDATE (sorry for caps)

I just talked to Nokia Support through the phone. They stated that 2 months ago, TMobile USA disabled support for most of Nokia's software, which includes Nokia Messaging. If you had Nokia Messaging set-up before those 2 months, then you should be fine. But as you know, PR1.2 cleared those settings. It's a total bummer...

The Following User Says Thank You to xtian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
Resolved for me using old non-T-Mobile sim to set up Nokia Messaging then inserting t-mobile sim back in once Nokia Messaging is set up.

Thanks all for work around
What are your connection settings for TMobile Internet? Do you use Internet2.voicestream.com?

What a bummer! I was just thinking about switching from AT&T to T-Mobile after upgrading to PR1.2, so I can use Video Skype over 3G...

If it is really the problem with TMo - they are loosing customers!

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Doesn't show up for me, either.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Also, it is Nokia's server failing to give it as an option (even when I'm on wifi)... maybe that is in response to T-Mobile blocking it. But we should still have the option to use it over wifi, don't you think?

What about if you have no SIM at all, does it show then?

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Also, it is Nokia's server failing to give it as an option (even when I'm on wifi)... maybe that is in response to T-Mobile blocking it. But we should still have the option to use it over wifi, don't you think?

What about if you have no SIM at all, does it show then?
no, i have had this problem for MONTHS. I mean MONTHS. Tried an ATT sim from my friends blackberry and POOF option was there. Configured it and threw my tmobile sim back in and no problems since.

Use a friends different sim card and you'll be fine