The problem isn't you, it is the minority of visitors that receive a message like that and go "weird guy, wonder what this links to....click" and then gets their machine infested with malware and becomes yet another clueless botnet zombie. Despite years of viruses and windows insecurity in the news, average users do not take a skeptical enough mindset, keep up to date with security patches or in many cases even have unexpired antivirus. If it was just a question of "well, what do I care, I keep my computer clean" I wouldn't give a damn either, but botnets and their ilk cause problems for even the most educated and paranoid of computer user through spam, denial of service attacks, etc. Not doing an adequate job of denying these sort of malicious people access to this site, especially after several days have passed is extremely negligent behavior on the part of the admins.

Administrator | Posts: 4 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
ThePlanet is our host. We have reported the IP to their Abuse group and we hope that they investigate that IP address the soonest.

In any case, we have denied members having less than 5 posts to send private messages.

Thanks.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Good policy, thanks.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Amsterdam
I didn't click on any links - never do that, but i did reply hi back. I think the Albert Einstein buddist quote is part of the signature.