Active Topics

Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
I'm in the UK and, AFICT, on the UK firmware (3.2010.02-8) but not seeing an OTA update yet. I'm connecting via 3;could that be a problem?
I knew I should have posted this yesterday; within half an hour it popped up in app manager...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by stee View Post
Available OTA in Ireland, but no wifi where I am

Tried to use NSU, but it fails because of slow internet connection or problems with nokia servers. No problems with my net connection so servers must be overloaded.
I have wifi but still no update, crappy broadband in the bog. I'll have to wait till I get back to Dublin

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by hsmade View Post
How much disk space do you have available in / ?
Installed Applications: 900+ mb free

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Mine says I need the NSU too yet the NSU states I have the latest software. Strange

Available in france now

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by hsmade View Post
I'm Done! Did I win? :P
Yep

I had to get it though 3G. No Wifi here. Download complete. Install is on 70%.

As I have a Vodafone UK '205' handset, I am still waiting for this update, and by the look of it will be for a long time unless I reflash.

Does anyone know if this is unique to Vodafone UK, or is Vodafone in other countries holding back on custom versions of the software?

Originally Posted by ShadowLFC View Post
Mine says I need the NSU too yet the NSU states I have the latest software. Strange
same for me here in Russia

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ UT@NL
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Installed Applications: 900+ mb free
In / try a shell and type dh -h /

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Nice! Since trying to update the device from the corporate network has failed, I suspected that the NSU expected some special port or so to get the update. I guess that port in such case is firewalled in this network.
So, what I tried now was to use USB tethering with the Nokia PC Suite, and hey, the NSU is currently downloading the PR1.2 (over the N900 3g network)!