Active Topics

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 119 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Originally Posted by Bondage Monkey View Post
Is there a tutorial that shows this for Windows 7? The only thing that pisses me off is that I lost all my contacts cause I also reflashed my storage device to AND I backed it up but the stupid Nokia PC Suite doesn't recognize my phone even after I go back to PR 1.1! But that's with the SIM card blocked. How do I go back to the original settings I had before the firmware upgrade?
Please decide what do you want:
1. Come back to PR 1.1 or
2. Restore contacts from backup.

I already several times on this forum help with solution for wrong question......

I can try to help you. But first I don't have this problem, I backup data in other than you way. I have last saved backup on 032510 (similar to yours). I can not guaranty that everything same but you can try.
If you need restore contacts, calendar, whatever more do following:
1. Copy backup on computer. In my backup it is folder which contain following files applications.zip; backup.metadata; bookmarks.zip; comm_and_cal.zip; settings.zip. Really name can give you what you need.
2. open comm_and_cal.zip you
3. in this zip go to /Root/home/user
4. folder .osso-abook-backup contain your contacts
folder .calendar contain your calendar
file .modest-backup.tar.gz (it is arhive) contain folder .modest which is your e-mail
5. unpack folder which are you need some where on computer
6. transfer folder to your device. for example on large drive (27GB).
7. disconnect phone from computer.
8. install package rootsh
9. open x-terminal
10 type "sudo gainroot"
11. cd /home/user/MyDocs
12 cp -Rf .FolderName-backup /home/user/.FolderName
for contacts: cp -Rf .osso-abook-backup /home/user/.osso-abook
13. chown -R user:users /home/user/.FolderName
14. chmod -R 755 /home/user/.FolderName
15. remove backup from phone: rm -R /home/user/MyDocs/.FolderName-backup

Good luck

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by megoodsen View Post
I must admit I have been too incensed to check the actual version that updated today, but seing as everyone is talking pr1.2 released today, and the fone started flashing to tell me an upgrade was ready about 6pm today, I assume it is pr1.2.
The 'why' is cos my browsing experience in microB is altered to the point that I really do not like it, and would prefer to be how I was before the update.
You simply cannot go back because of one issue because as you should be very aware of the upgrade has fixed a massive amount of bugs so only a fool would go back.
I just spotted another post of yours i will reply too.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by megoodsen View Post
I will concur maybe I haven't described my issues very concisely.
The upgrade seemed to go fine, no issues.
But like the no more 'More' button change (which I'm not woried about) there are changes in operation to microB I am not happy with.

[I have just thought possibly javascript is off now by default which may explain something? Though previous upgrades have not done this]

Anyway, the two things I spotted within seconds of running the browser up are these, and as they constitute about 95% of my browsing activity, it's a deal to me:
(Both of these are on a vBulletin forum like this one BTW)

Clicking the little icon for last post in a thread, or the other little icon which takes me to the first new post in a thread, both just result in top of page loading. Both worked fine before. This is tedious on long image intensive threads.

Previously, if looking at a thread list, going to one and replying (quick reply normally), then using back button (the backspace button) would take me back to the same list of threads (say 'new posts') but I would see my reply now as last post on the thread I posted on, and any others' posts. It wouldn't load any actual new posts of course.
Now back does exactly that, reloads as it was exactly before I went to a post and made a post.

I've been reading through the new threads here, and I see there are changes to the browser UI, so hopefully you can call me an idiot because now I'm doing it wrong, do this... That will make me happy!
Post this as a bug please for the next update.