Poll: Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900
Poll Options
Have you had charging or USB problems with your N900

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Icee View Post
Yes,

Meriläinen also use Komofon so that wont help (went to them to)
Yes what? Komfon took your phone, send it to Anglo-service and it came back with message that it´s not covered by warranty? Send it again and tell them about this thread and Nokias official support forum where they admit that there is some problems with this:
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ng/td-p/629019

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland Vasa
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Yes what? Komfon took your phone, send it to Anglo-service and it came back with message that it´s not covered by warranty? Send it again and tell them about this thread and Nokias official support forum where they admit that there is some problems with this:
http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...ng/td-p/629019
They refuse to send it again because it's not covered under warranty, and they refuses to send it again because it's still warranty on the phone. Understand the problem? I'm stuck.

My phone is only charging from PC. Unfortunately I bought it in the US and live in the UK so fixing it on warranty not very straightforward. Quite disappointed in the new Nokia. Used to always be able to count on their hardware being very reliable.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland Vasa
Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
My phone is only charging from PC. Unfortunately I bought it in the US and live in the UK so fixing it on warranty not very straightforward. Quite disappointed in the new Nokia. Used to always be able to count on their hardware being very reliable.
I guess your charger is broken then. Have seen a lot of new Nokia chargers that been broken even from new.

darn.... pr1.2 is already out but i cant flash it... grrrrr.....

After installing PR.1.2 I now cannot charge or use the usb cable to charge. I can get it to charge if i place the cable in and hold it but one i have let go it stops charging. I think this is a hardware issue due to the port looking slightly dislodged but it is not hanging out.

I am now in the process of planning to get it repaired but I need to know some details about the way of going around to claim this on the warranty. I live in the UK.

1: I have misplaced my Carphone warehouse receipt (where i signed up for the contract) and my n900 box, will this hinder me in anyway/shape or form in getting my phone successfully repaired or replaced.

2: If CPWH say it is a problem with Nokia, will I have any problems that were outlined in q1?

3: If Nokia say that the problem is not covered by warranty, what would be the best course of action to prove that this is indeed a manufacturing fault and thus, their problem?

4: Anything else I need to do before I can apply for a fix?

Thank you in advance.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Icee View Post
Now it has happened for me to, usb connector broken.
Returend it to Nokia warranty shop, how refuses to fix it, say that I have dropped the phone or used violent.
Asked them if they can fix it if I pay them, NO we can't fix anything while there is warranty, wich ****ing warranty????
Tried to buy a spare usb connector so I could fix it self. No, we don't sell spare parts and I can't find any ****ing spare site on the net with usb connector (well sites where I have to buy 100 I have found but I don't need that many)

So now I stay here with a Phone that i can't do a **** with.

If anyone nows a company in Finland that fixes usb connector i would be happy to know.
Be persistent, and pay for nothing. Escalate your issue and point out that they are wrong about the abuse and that Nokia has agreed to replace affected devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noya View Post
After installing PR.1.2 I now cannot charge or use the usb cable to charge. I can get it to charge if i place the cable in and hold it but one i have let go it stops charging. I think this is a hardware issue due to the port looking slightly dislodged but it is not hanging out.

I am now in the process of planning to get it repaired but I need to know some details about the way of going around to claim this on the warranty. I live in the UK.

1: I have misplaced my Carphone warehouse receipt (where i signed up for the contract) and my n900 box, will this hinder me in anyway/shape or form in getting my phone successfully repaired or replaced.

2: If CPWH say it is a problem with Nokia, will I have any problems that were outlined in q1?

3: If Nokia say that the problem is not covered by warranty, what would be the best course of action to prove that this is indeed a manufacturing fault and thus, their problem?

4: Anything else I need to do before I can apply for a fix?

Thank you in advance.
Can someone please help me out?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by noya View Post
Can someone please help me out?
I realize this thread has gotten long and difficult to search, but part of the reason is having to repeat information.

In a nutshell, you need to be persistent. Nokia corporate has agreed to repair/replace devices suffering usb failures. Some service centers are resisting for whatever reasons, and your recourse is to push back hard and often. Point out that numerous people have had their devices replaced under warranty.

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I realize this thread has gotten long and difficult to search, but part of the reason is having to repeat information.

In a nutshell, you need to be persistent. Nokia corporate has agreed to repair/replace devices suffering usb failures. Some service centers are resisting for whatever reasons, and your recourse is to push back hard and often. Point out that numerous people have had their devices replaced under warranty.
Thank you, I'm sorry for bumping the thread but as you have said it is long and the info is spread out too much. I will be visiting my local Nokia repair center and I will print out any forum (Maemo and Nokia) information to prove that Nokia have indeed given the all clear on this problem. I will report back tomorrow with my results. Thanks again for all your help.

Tags
bad design, broken, charging, failure, hardware, loose, microusb, microusb port, n900, nokia, part, port, repair, return, surface mount, usb, usb port, warranty