Active Topics

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Reminder: This is not the Laughingstok thread, in which the moderator basically encouraged fluff because he didn't like the original thread.

If you think you can just chatter mindlessly here, you are wrong. This is intended for somewhat serious discussion. We are not looking for more posts for our post count. Please have some respect for people who actually care about their devices and want to discuss this aspect of them and don't muck up the thread. Thanks.
PR1.2 is serious business.

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughingstok For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
so which one is the laughingstok thread now????

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
I know Nokia has never committed to a specific date when it comes to releasing firmware updates, but seriously - all this secrecy coming from Nokia about the actual release date of firmware update is doing more harm than good...

Can someone kindly remind me what are the advantages in keeping firmware release dates a secret? Because frankly, I can't think of any...
This is definitely something that Nokia should line up with the rest of the cellular companies behavior, and as quickly as possible - this even shouldn't be so hard to do...

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
damnnnn..... no MeeGo 1.0 after all this wait??????
it is released

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Actually, Laughingstok himself has made some intelligent commentary on this thread. I didn't mean to single him out, but the off-topic thread with his name on it is the one I would rather this not turn into.

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Powell, OH
Originally Posted by efekt View Post
I know Nokia has never committed to a specific date when it comes to releasing firmware updates, but seriously - all this secrecy coming from Nokia about the actual release date of firmware update is doing more harm than good...

Can someone kindly remind me what are the advantages in keeping firmware release dates a secret? Because frankly, I can't think of any...
This is definitely something that Nokia should line up with the rest of the cellular companies behavior, and as quickly as possible - this even shouldn't be so hard to do...
The advantage of keeping it secret is you don't have a firm date that users and the press will hold you too. Miss it and your stock price goes down. Currently they only have to deal with 10% of the base that even knows or cares there is a PR1.2.

The Following User Says Thank You to theflew For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by efekt View Post

I guess they do it (bad idea though I think it is) to avoid giving false expectations about when it is due?

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
it is released
what is released??

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by theflew View Post
Currently they only have to deal with 10% of the base that even knows or cares there is a PR1.2.
I'd guess it's even less than 10%. Closer to 1% maybe.

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I'd guess it's even less than 10%. Closer to 1% maybe.
Thats me!!!

Tags
poo poo 1.2, pr 1.2, why am i here?