Active Topics

But Flash 10.1 was never part of their marketing to begin with. It was shown by Adobe at an Adobe conference. If the decision to have Adobe skip the current generation OS (or worse, hardware) came from Nokia, then and only then would I be up in arms at Nokia.
Except the N900 with Flash 10.1 kicked off Adobe's presentation and quotes from Nokia executives were part of their official press release:

“As a longtime partner of Adobe, and more than 400 million Nokia phones shipped with existing Flash technology to date, we are excited to see Flash Player becoming a reality for mobile phones and other mobile devices,” said Purnima Kochikar, vice president, Forum Nokia. “Nokia is excited about full Flash Player coming to devices and we are committed to supporting Flash Player 10.1 on mobile devices in 2010.”

I love how they have just demonstrated Flash 10 on the N900 and the VP just makes a broad statement about supporting it on "devices" in 2010. Makes you wonder whether they had any intention of delivering Flash 10 even then.

Early marketing materials also glossed over what version of flash would be on the N900 when shipped.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rocketman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
It isn't like the N900 doesn't have Flash already... right?
lol what

flash 9 has NO GPU SUPPORT. all software rendered
flash 10 HAS GPU SUPPORT. imagine what could be possible

The Following User Says Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by downloadsoft View Post
Please claim down, adobe said that they provide kits to Open Screen Project to port Flash 10.1 into N900
This basically means that if we don't see Flash 10.1, it was Nokia's choice

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
True. Blame it on Nokia!

So, from what I have seen, it comes down to this (big speculation incoming):

In order for Flash 10.1 to work on Android, you need Froyo, because Flash uses new and special API's. No Froyo, no Flash. And, if memory serves me well, it runs natively, not through Dalvik.

It is highly probable then, that for Flash to work on the N900, it will need as well special native new APIs... that will come with MeeGo/Harmattan. No MeeGo/Harmattan on the N900, no Flash 10.1.

An HTC Desire is becoming more and more interesting as time passes...

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
it is not officially said that no meego for n900, so plz stop throwing non concrete stuff to the air

I believe the problem isn't so much so what will be releasing on the N900, rather, it is the lack of communication on Nokia's part. We will get MeeGo (Nokia or not), we will get Flash 10.1, once this whole PR1.2 fiasco is settled. Heck, we may get commercial apps for the N900 when they are released on the next MeeGo device. There is a reason why Nokia brought the latest version of QT to the N900.

Now, I agree with everyone that said Nokia is being way too secretive about everything. For a device that's built around the developers and early adopters, the silence strategy is not a way to handle device suppport. It should be the exact opposite because developers who invest so much time in bringing apps to the platform need to be aware of what is going on. Nokia should be working closely with the community and should keep them in the loop.

If this does not happen, you have situations like these where a RC is released and the community turns into a mob due to lack of direction. This is bad PR and will affect brand loyalty in the future, especially with part time developers because that's where the real innovation comes from. If you are listening Nokia, forward this post to Ari Jaaski.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to discomullah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
IMHO the N900 will get Flash 10.1, eventually.

is android 2.2 out there?

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Not the best way to deal with CR:
Originally Posted by StOoZ View Post
it is not officially said that no meego for n900, so plz stop throwing non concrete stuff to the air
A better way to deal with CR:
HTC: 'most phones' launched in 2010 will get Android 2.2
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/21/h...t-android-2-2/

I'm just stirring.. whilst waiting for some Java compiles to finish