Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth, sometimes
Nice one! It's working fine here.

This is perfect for controlling Squeezeboxes, much better than via the http browser.

Is there a way to hack the skin to fill the whole N900 screen?

Thanks,
Menno

OK, I managed to figure it out.

Changing the small WQVGA skin file at /home/opt/squeezeplay/share/jive/applets/WQVGAsmallSkin/WQVGAsmallSkinApplet.lua to have

Framework:setVideoMode(800, 400, 0, false)

works quite well.

Framework:setVideoMode(800, 480, 0, true)

makes it run full screen. But harder to switch tasks then.

Cheers,
Menno

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to menno For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to say if this gets working for my n800 I will buy all you guys a beer!!!!!

Yup, those edits should work. In full screen mode does hitting Ctrl-Backspace bring you back to the task switcher? This might be generic for all Maemo applications (since it sits a higher level).

I have been watching this thread with interest for a very long time. It is so nice to see some tangible progress. Thank you IAMSRP and everyone else involved in this project!

I was hoping it would work on my N800, but when I try to install it I get 'Unable to install squeezeplay. Incompatible application package."

Is there any chance this will work on the older machines at some future date?

Originally Posted by gmeister View Post
I was hoping it would work on my N800, but when I try to install it I get 'Unable to install squeezeplay. Incompatible application package."
I had the same experience on my N800. I had hoped this would a least allow me to control my SqueezeBox (without sound on the NIT), but got the same error message.

I would also be very grateful if someone could make a DEB available for the N800.

Originally Posted by Strawman View Post

I would also be very grateful if someone could make a DEB available for the N800.
I agree with this sentiment... but I recognise Ipeng isn't free so I am happy to pledge $10 aussie dollars to anyone who can compile squeezeplay so it will work as a remote for my squeezebox on my n800. If/when the full squeezeplay is available I am happy to pledge another $10.

I know this isn't much but if other n8*0 owners match me maybe it'll be worthwhile investing time in an os2008 version.

Peace. x

The Following User Says Thank You to stewwalton For This Useful Post:
The main trick here is really just sorting out the build environment. I've only done it for N900 but the guide is there for N8x0's Diablo:
http://maemo.org/development/sdks/maemo_4-1-2_diablo/
I'm a little worried about installing it on my box since I don't want to accidently trash my N900 development environment (it's not obviously that they will play nicely together) but someone with a clean machine might have some luck.

Originally Posted by stewwalton View Post
I agree with this sentiment... but I recognise Ipeng isn't free so I am happy to pledge $10 aussie dollars to anyone who can compile squeezeplay so it will work as a remote for my squeezebox on my n800. If/when the full squeezeplay is available I am happy to pledge another $10.

I know this isn't much but if other n8*0 owners match me maybe it'll be worthwhile investing time in an os2008 version.

Peace. x
I would be happy to contribute for an OS2008/N800 version.

For anyone wanting to access this via the destop menu, just create the file /usr/share/applications/squeezeplay.desktop containing the following:

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8

#This is not a version of application.
#This is a version of .desktop specification this file conforms to.
Version=1.0

Type=Application
Name=Squeezeplay
Categories=AudioVideo;Audio;Player;
Exec=rootsh /opt/squeezeplay/bin/squeezeplay.sh
Icon=theremin
MimeType=application/x-example;

The Following User Says Thank You to menno For This Useful Post: