Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
I've made some tests. It can upload something to google calendar but it doesn't download anything. I've tried to switch to an other month but no good.
Do you have a very large number of entries in google calendar? You may have hit a limitation in the number of events that Google offers to download....Can you have a look at months many years back in maemo calendar to see if some events are there?

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
I had to reflash the phone so my calendar is empty and the google calendar has about 50 entries, some of the repeat monthly, and some just once in a year.

I had to reflash the phone so my calendar is empty and the google calendar has about 50 entries, some of the repeat monthly, and some just once in a year.
very odd. Can you take a look at the event log after a sync? (erminig's menu -> Log)
Before that please remove the profile and re-create it, so that it will sync all events

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
very odd. Can you take a look at the event log after a sync? (erminig's menu -> Log)
Before that please remove the profile and re-create it, so that it will sync all events

thanks
strange. I already did what You wrote twice. Now when I did it for the third time to show You the log it went ok. So- IT WORKS huraaaaaaaa

The Following User Says Thank You to fw190 For This Useful Post:
strange. I already did what You wrote twice. Now when I did it for the third time to show You the log it went ok. So- IT WORKS huraaaaaaaa
Great. My bet is that the problem stems from poor/unreliable internet connection (as you already mentioned in this thread previously)....now in which way it affects Erminig I'm not entirely sure.

I realize that the button at the bottom of the main window are not completely intuitive. Here is a screenshot with the action associated with each button:

You should put this screenshot somewhere in Erminigs page in the Maemo garage. It is a bit too difficult to find it in this thread. I keep forgetting what the icons mean so I need a cheat sheet. :-)

Last edited by pmd; 2010-05-17 at 20:31. Reason: spelling error

The Following User Says Thank You to pmd For This Useful Post:
as promised version 0.2.9 of Erminig has been released and is available in extras-devel.
I installed 0.2.9, removed the old erminig.db and created a new profile syncing my Google calendar with a newly created calendar on the N900 (with the same name as my google mail adress: pmdanielsson@gmail.com).

Erminig accepted the sync command, but nothing was put in my new calendar on the N900. I have only a handful fixed entries in my Google calendar plus about a handful recurring events.

The erminig log says this after a sync attempt:
"RequestError({'status': 400, 'body': 'Invalid UserID 0', 'reason': 'Bad R

Unfortunately the text is wider than the screen, and I can't get the horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the text box to work. (Some way to save the log to a file would be helpful in this situation, I think).

If the solution to this problem is obvious to you I will not submit this as a bug report in bugzilla, but if this is a mystery let me know and I will make a bugzilla submission.

(I am connected to the net via WiFi with the N900 4-5 meters from the base station so the quality of the network connection should not be a factor.)

Originally Posted by pmd View Post
The erminig log says this after a sync attempt:
"RequestError({'status': 400, 'body': 'Invalid UserID 0', 'reason': 'Bad R
[...]
If the solution to this problem is obvious to you I will not submit this as a bug report in bugzilla, but if this is a mystery let me know and I will make a bugzilla submission.
[...]
Hmmm, I have a feeling about what went wrong, but I can't put my finger on it yet. I will release tomorrow a new version with some more debugging information displayed (or with a bug fix if in the meantime I find what I'm looking for)

thank you for your patience

Edit:

@PMD: could you please send me via private message (I don't know exactly how sensitive this information is) the output of the following commands run from the X-terminal (you have to type only those in bold)?

Code:
$ sqlite3 erminig.db
sqlite> select * from Profiles;
sqlite> .quit
thanks

Last edited by lorelei; 2010-05-17 at 21:37.

What happens if I schedule automatic synchronisation and the phone is offline when it should sync?
Will it sync when the next connection is established or will it forget about it?

Great. My bet is that the problem stems from poor/unreliable internet connection (as you already mentioned in this thread previously)....now in which way it affects Erminig I'm not entirely sure.
From using erminig quite a few times, I certainly get this impression. The 3G internet connection in my house is a little poor and erminig often crashes. However, if I use a wifi connection it is fine every time.

John

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization