Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mcow View Post
Regarding metalayer: I saw the earlier comment by you in this thread about that, and tried the command (as root) but saw it still running in top.
This post:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=149492&postcount=2
suggests an additional command:
/etc/init.d/metalayer-crawler0 stop

Maybe issue the 'stop' before the 'remove' ?
I'm removing it from being a boot item. Once you reboot - which I consistently leave out it will not start back up again.

About it not being a problem, I've seen way too many times where the CPU is pegged only by it.

when i try to install the ssu, i got a message that lots of packages are missing, do i have to install them by hand or is there some tricky way to solve it?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
About the battery drain, make sure you didn't have metalayer-crawler disabled and now it is running.
metalayer-crawler was the first thing I disabled when I got my tablet and I never ran it.
Thanks to tear and browser-switchboard I also got rid of browserd, good riddance.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
Forget about ebay batteries. Buy a Mugen one (search the forum), they last at least as long as Nokia ones.
Given that the original nokia battery lasted less than two hours and it was dead in a year and a half, that's not a really good endorsement

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by luca View Post
Given that the original nokia battery lasted less than two hours and it was dead in a year and a half, that's not a really good endorsement
It lasted about 5-7 hours for me, 2 on very heavy usage. Now it is dying, and I have bought a Mugen one, and it lasts the whole day.

Originally Posted by xircon View Post
Installed the SSU on my N810 and it went flawlessly.
Should this work as well on my N810 WiMAX edition?
I am afraid of messing up the WiMAX part.

Thanks
Installed the SSU on my N810 WiMAX edition. No problems yet except with the install which I don't think was related to the WiMAX version but rather with something I was doing wrong. I couldn't get the .install package to download when I used the microb browser to go to the URL. I had to download it onto the windows computer then send it via bluetooth to the N810. Long way around but it works.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
Originally Posted by lma View Post
What's the current state of the art on this? I don't own such a headset so never paid much attention to the subject and obviously I can't test anything. The only relevant bug seems to be 667.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean, could you provide a screenshot with some explanation perhaps?
I don't know what I was writing when I wrote this but it must have involved some hallincinogens as this post made no sense.
I meant I noticed the modest update(s). The screen rotation is nice, but virtual keyboards don't work with it and menu items and the application menu's are terrible.
A2DP is supported by most phones these days. It gives wired quality headphones over bluetooth, and it's amazing if you have a good pair of BT headphones. Like me... or I used to until Motorola F'ed up my product replacement with the wrong item :@
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
("diablo-community-updates" Extras product has been created in bugs.maemo.org.)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jaccunio View Post
Umm how do I install the ssu? Some info in the first post would be appreciated
Updated the wiki, feel free to add anything that I may have missed.

@Stskeeps: could you add this link to the first post?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Updated the wiki, feel free to add anything that I may have missed.

@Stskeeps: could you add this link to the first post?
Done! Hope text is okay.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo