Poll: Less Bugs Vs More Features for meego
Poll Options
Less Bugs Vs More Features for meego

ps; Topic title has a bug: can we get it changed to "Fewer Bugs vs. More Features..."
Fewer is for things you count, like hangovers; less is for things you measure, like beer. If I drank less beer, I'd have fewer hangovers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cjard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Going back to topic, I don't think the number of features are always directly proportional to the number of bugs.

Ergo, it's not less bugs vs more features.
My thoughts exactly.

Posts like these usually strike me as having an attitude that "perhaps if we show what we think here, it will become a reality", as the OP was quick to (rightfully) call on Nokia on this pattern.

I don't think that this kind of logic (features vs bugs) exists anywhere inside Nokia. The bugs we see in Nokia's products aren't necessarily caused by the features and there's a larger explanation for why we must encounter bugs time after time in new products. I believe this "bigger picture" to be Nokia's tendency to release new devices and services faster than what they can truly manage.

With this view in mind, simply thinking that Nokia prefers "quantity" over "quality" in their products isn't true. I'd guess they prefer quantity in regards to number of models against perfecting only a few models.

However, sharing the viewed idealism of the OP, I would like to see Nokia release products with no bugs and therefore I've voted accordingly. We all know they already have enough features in their phones (as nothing's been added since the N95!).

Last edited by cjp; 2010-05-16 at 09:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to cjp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Russia, Moscow
People stated many times before there should simply be a stable and unstable/nightly builds available for those who choose to go bleeding edge.
I'm fine with this even if it means I'll have to flash my phone from time to time.- I have a choice to do so at least.

The Following User Says Thank You to Elhana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by rpgAmazon View Post
Sorry, I can't understand this (not trolling):
Do you think pr1.1.1 is stable so they have time preparing pr1.2?
I don't think so.
Anyway, after pr1.2, will be "next release" for us, do you think it?
Regards.
You are reading between the lines, right? No, I'm talking in general.