Notices

That worked beautifully! Thanks so very much. Only thing to note is that in Xterm, need to be root before editing the file. Thanks again.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ A place called home
Originally Posted by konttori View Post
Well, install first leafpad and xterm.
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/leafpad
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/osso-xterm-advanced

then open xterm and write the following:
leafpad /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf

a text editor opens.

Look for pcm3 and replace it with pcm2

I haven't tried it, but from reading the doc on the bugzilla, that seems to be what you should do. Apparently that applies to all 770 hacker edition owners. Not sure about it, so please let us know if that worked.
Yes, after I changed "pcm3" to "pcm2", my UKMP just works flawlessly.
770 with OS2007HE.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
finally got this running on my N800, have some housekeeping thoughts:

1. The naming structure is really confusing. It's 2 separate apps, UK Media Player and UKTube. However, the file that I download to install is UKMP, and it installs 2 apps - UKTube and UKTube Dark. Turns out Dark is the media player. And no icons.

2. Any way to rename (in the tablet's menus) UKTube Dark to UKMP or something like that?

3. Is there any way to edit the album art that's downloaded?

Other than that, stellar app!

Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
finally got this running on my N800, have some housekeeping thoughts:

1. The naming structure is really confusing. It's 2 separate apps, UK Media Player and UKTube. However, the file that I download to install is UKMP, and it installs 2 apps - UKTube and UKTube Dark. Turns out Dark is the media player. And no icons.

2. Any way to rename (in the tablet's menus) UKTube Dark to UKMP or something like that?

3. Is there any way to edit the album art that's downloaded?

Other than that, stellar app!
1&2 - agree for the separate download, the name is OK on my installation (ukmp dark)

3 - initially I made everything via terminal. Instead there is a simple way really... simple!
Go and search (for example with google images) the image you want to associate with the album, then save it to /media/mmc1/covers -by right clicking (long tapping) on the image- giving it same name of the album (the name of directory where songs are). N800 opera's should ask 'file xxxx already exists, overwrite it?' , tap yes and there you go!

Last edited by jurop88; 2007-08-06 at 06:37. Reason: syntax

Just wondering if anyone can help me.

I've installed the 1.51 version of UKMP and UKTUBE on my 770 (running most recent 2006 OS).

When I try and launch them from the menu, nothing happens.

If I try and run them from the command line, then I get an 'Illegal instruction' message, and nothing else.

I've got the most recent Mplayer and Python installed, so don't really know where to go from here. All other applications I've installed are running fine.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Bagpuss.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Rio de Janeiro
why note join force with kagu?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Kagu is a spin-off of ukmp. Well, it's initial steps were. Now, it's a completely different beast. Kudos for trevarthan for making the a2dp work.

I think that for the time being it would be better to continue as separate projects. Maybe further down the line it might make sense to work more closely, but for now, I think that sharing code and ideas is enough. I think that healthy (and friendly) competition is something that benefits the user even more than co-operation.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ok... time for me to ask a very n00b question.

UKMP works great for me... had to do the aforementioned pcm2 change, and it's working great. But with 7 or so albums, once I exit one back to the album list, they sorta do a random move/twitch each time my stylus makes contact with the screen.

Second... UKTube... I can download, I hit "play"... nothing happens. I'm using a Nokia 770 with OS2007 HE. Python 2.5, et al.

But nothing happens in UKTube.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Hawaii
Any chance of making the UKMP interface in portrait view? Is that possible?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
gerbick: sounds like you have 2007 hacker. Your problem could be related to python install version. Can you try opening uktube in xterm. It should let you know what's up.

Mahaloha:
It's possible. I even thought about it, but decided to scratch that for now. n800 is not that comfortable to be used in portrait mode.