Active Topics

Hi there,
I just got my Nokia 770 several hours ago. I want to make it boot from the MMC card. I am trying follow the instructions but I don't understand it quite well.
First, when following "How to become root of your Nokia tablet", it says "To become root you first run the 'Application Manager' and add the following repositories via: TOOLS > APPLICATION MANAGER > TOOLS > APPLICATION CATALOG > NEW ...

Web address: http://eko.one.pl/maemo/
Distribution: mistral
Components: user

"
I can use the iT to open the link. There are three lines of code. I just don't know what should I do.

Thanks for any detailed instructions.

I am waiting... thanks

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Austin, TX, USA
It seems like I have about 48h more experience using my N770 ...

The URL has to be entered into the Application Manager as an addition to the application catalog, and not to be visited in the browser.

You can copy & paste it from the Opera browser so you don't have to type it in (press the stylus on the link in Opera, after 1s or so you get a context menu which allows you to copy the link location).

Thanks very much for your reply. However, I think I cannot acess root.
After adding the two repositories, it asked me to install becomeroot but didn't tell me how to. I found the becomeroot is the same code as in the first link. What should I do? Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to suoxin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Clearwater, Florida
I've had my 770 about 2 weeks now, so I'm also a noob.
This page showed me how to boot from my 2gb kingston card.
http://examplified.net/guide/Nokia_7...ting_from_MMC/

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ A place called home
After you have added the two repositories mentioned in the "How to become root of your Nokia tablet" link, when you open up the Application Manager, and you click "Browse Installable Applications", then hit "All", and in the list of applications, you will find "becomeroot" or whatever looks similar to that(I don't remember what exactly it is called) and then double tap on it. Then you will see the installation interface.

I'm in the process of installing this myself

I am following the Examplified.net guide, it was really helpful

You will most probably hit a little snag when you try and install "e2fsprogs" it'll say some "stuff" about dependicies and not install.

To get round this you need to enter "Red Pill Mode" by going to "Application Manager" and going to "Tools" "Application Catalog" "New"

And where you type the web adress where it says http://, you type in "matrix" then press "Cancel"

Choose the "Red Pill"

M aking sure you have a active conncetion it will now Refresh make sure you let it, now go to "Install new applications" and look for "e2fsprogs" and install it.

Now Reboot then continue following the guide at Examplified.net

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
"Red Pill"... "Blue Pill"...

I think I need a "White Pill"...

Anyone got an "Asprin"???

Regards...
Omega

One pill makes you taller
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all...

Go ask Alice, when shes six feet tall...