Active Topics

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
i just installed rdesktop and when i ran it from the command line, i got

"Autoselected keyboard map en-us"

and then the GUI loaded. now, when i installed, the app manager told me that rdesktop was not installed because of an issue with ncurses-bin. that didnt seem to be the case, but i digress.

it may be that you have to reflash and try over. i hope thats not the case, but it may be an inevitability.
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Originally Posted by brendan View Post
i just installed rdesktop and when i ran it from the command line, i got

"Autoselected keyboard map en-us"

and then the GUI loaded. now, when i installed, the app manager told me that rdesktop was not installed because of an issue with ncurses-bin. that didnt seem to be the case, but i digress.

it may be that you have to reflash and try over. i hope thats not the case, but it may be an inevitability.

Ok this is what I did:

-I researched how to reflash my device, and I did it with the latest image.
-I followed the maemo.org wiki article on gaining root access "the really easy way". -- I installed becomeroot and osso-xterm.
-I typed in the following URL into the n770 browser, and downloaded the .install file: https://garage.maemo.org/docman/view...esktop.install
-Ran the install, said it installed successfully after it automatically added a new catalouge.
I open up xterm and do a sudo gainroot, and type "rdesktop" and I get the same error as before!

I really hoped reflashing the device would fix this. What could be wrong?

Thanks,
Brett

I might have found another clue to this god-awful mystery

I tried using VNCviewer from the command line, and when i gain root and type:
vncviewer
(i think that was the command i typed, but whatever i typed it was right)

and i got the exact same error!

Except if i did vncviewer --help then it did work, unlike when i did rdesktop --help.

Any ideas now? Remember this is a brand-newly flashed n770 with only becomeroot, oss-xterm, rdesktop, and vncviewer installed.

Thanks,
Brett