- App Manager is slow - Why tell me that it's not slow and give me a reason why it is slow? THE APP MANAGER IS SLOW.
- Small list of apps - That's a fact and I'm not blaming devs who give their time to contribute. It's just stupid to rely on them to fill the software repositores especially when the OS only works on 2-3 devices.
- Music player sucks. - It's almost as bad as old Symbian versions of the media player. Where's the equalizer? (among other lacks)
- No real auto-focus feature - Pressing on the button half-way to get the focus is not what I call real auto-focus. I want to take a picture right after it auto-focuses like on normal cameras. I don't see whats stopping Nokia from adding that feature.
- Lack of support/updates - If the update isn't important, why are thousands waiting for it impatiently?
- Choppy UI - For example: Try scrolling through a long list of contacts or songs.
- Sync software full of bugs. "Will be fixed" still means that the bug is still there.
- GPS software lacking. I can't use it as a GPS replacement even if it was meant to be that.
- Time on recieved SMS is wrong most of the time. - Don't tell me I'm the only one getting these issues. I've read threads about this that were not resolved.
- Phone sometimes reboots when I plug the USB in it - This might not be Maemo but it still sucks.

More to come

P.S. To those who tell me to sell my phone if I'm not happy, I'd rather throw the brick on your face because the shattering effect gives me more for my money than to just sell it at a loss.

Last edited by h3llraz0r; 2010-05-13 at 15:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to h3llraz0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
........and?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:
I feel so enlightened now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wildt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
please fill in bugreports.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
I can look at any device and bring to light all the issues it has, nothing is perfect. If the N900 annoys you so much, then sell it and buy something you'd like. If you like it deep down, but there are small annoyances, then help make it a better device by filing bugreports like Zehjotkah said.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by h3llraz0r View Post
- App Manager is slow
- Small list of apps
- Music player sucks
- No real auto-focus feature
- Lack of support/updates
- Choppy UI
- Sync software full of bugs
- GPS software lacking

Like the guy said if something doesn't work for you file a bug report, but i must take exception to 2 of ur points
-choppy UI, ive never noticed any problems and since instaling transitioncontrol its quicker and more responsive than my gf's iphone.
and -Lack of support/updates, we only recieved the last one a few months ago, in around 6 months we've had 3 updates, can you tell me another OS that recieves them that frequently.

Last edited by matts76; 2010-05-12 at 14:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to matts76 For This Useful Post:
Shh.... troll feeding in progress...

- App Manager is slow
- Small list of apps
- Music player sucks
- Choppy UI
- GPS software lacking

Someone obviously didn't do their research before buying their device.

The Following User Says Thank You to teh For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
- App Manager is slow
- Small list of apps
- Music player sucks
- Choppy UI
- GPS software lacking

you know that if something bothers you about anything it is still best to keep to a proper way of communication, which would imply using proper sentences (you know "subject predicate object" etc!) to express what is exactly the problems you are facing. just making a list that could also be your shopping list, will neither help you, the community nor Nokia to get a grip where the actual deficiencies lie.

so if you have a valid reason to complain about some part of the software or the OS in general, please feel free to file bug within the bug tracker system, but please also stop posting your personal opinion as facts.

just because a software does not include a certain feature, does not necessarily mean it is lacking anything. on the other hand if there is a valid reason for your complaint (manual or official statement by Nokia etc.) that promised a certain functionality which is not included, again I'd ask you to file a bug

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
This has got to be one of the most pointless posts ever.

The Following User Says Thank You to teh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by teh View Post
Shh.... troll feeding in progress...

Someone obviously didn't do their research before buying their device.
Where can I find a list that contain these deficiencies if I were to research this properly?
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
blame, device religion, fanboys, research, we dont care