Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
UKMP 1.51 is out.

It's a bug fix version. Read more on my blog:
http://konttoristhoughts.blogspot.co...ed-uktube.html

It also includes update uktube that allows you to login to youtube (to get through age verifications and to access private videos).

Anyway, it's a very recommended update to all users.

I installed the new version and the problem of the songs not matching the album cover selected is still there for me. Also, now when a song is playing and I close the program, the song keeps playing. I have to power down to stop the song.

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ A place called home
I have installed the latest UKMP1.51. Prior to that, I had successfully installed Python 2.5 and MPlayer.
And now I can see under my Extras/ menu UKMP Dark and UKTUBE.
But when I tapped on "UKMP Dark", the applicatin just would not start up. I cound not see any form or window popup. Nor there were any warn msgs.
And when I tried UKTUBE, a "login" form pops up, which makes me believe that uktube has been properly installed.

Oh yes my dveice is an N770 with OS2007HE. Is it that UKMP is not supported on N770?

Any thoughts?
TIA.
Regards,
Alex.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Hertfordshire, UK
In these situations the best course is to open xterm and run the application from there. That's already been said on this thread.

In this case the command is MediaCenter (case sensitive). When you run it you should be able to see what is happening, if anything. If its not completely obvious what the problem is, post the results back here for more advice.

Originally Posted by w14 View Post
In these situations the best course is to open xterm and run the application from there. That's already been said on this thread.

In this case the command is MediaCenter (case sensitive). When you run it you should be able to see what is happening, if anything. If its not completely obvious what the problem is, post the results back here for more advice.
Hi w14,
Thank you for your reply.
I followed your instructions and typed MediaCenter in xterm and the follow info showed up:

~ $ MediaCenter
/usr/bin/MediaCenter:22: RuntimeWarning: import cdrom: No module named cdrom
import math, os, pygame, random,os,urllib,time,string, shutil
/usr/bin/MediaCenter:22: RuntimeWarning: import joystick: No module named joystick
dsp_protocol_open_node(): Could not open pcm device file /dev/dsptask/pcm3
Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault
Aborted

Last edited by quitchat; 2007-08-04 at 11:36.

Originally Posted by quitchat View Post
Hi w14,
Thank you for your reply.
I followed your instructions and typed MediaCenter in xterm and the follow info showed up:

~ $ MediaCenter
/usr/bin/MediaCenter:22: RuntimeWarning: import cdrom: No module named cdrom
/usr/bin/MediaCenter:22: RuntimeWarning: import joystick: No module named joystick
Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault
Aborted
Problem Resolved.

I googled the "Could not open pcm device file /dev/dsptask/pcm3" error message and found the following page:
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...d=164&atid=681

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
uktube is a nice sollution to the youtube "issue", and i suspect its the same solution archos use.

anyways, it seems that it stalls out at times. no error in xterm, it just stops downloading. so maybe it needs some kind of timeout for network issues. and maybe a indicator for when it runs out of space...

Hi Quickchat,

I have the same PCM problem, how exactly (for a newbie) did you fix it? I am unsure how to change the PCM entries or to apply the alsa patch... any help would be most appreciated!

ok, so I updated to 1.5.1, and when I launched ukmp, I got the scanning prompt, then black screen. There was no way out, I had to actually remove the battery to reboot. After a couple tries and the the exact same problem, I reinstalled. I even reinstalled mplayer and python. No luck.

Then when I ran ukmp in terminal, I did notice that it had choked on the "covers" directory on my card. OK, so I tried to delete the directory from my n800, and it said it can't because it's a "read only format". How did that change over a few min? I popped the card into my mac, deleted it, and it still choked on the new covers directory. I reformatted the card, recopied my mp3s, and ran ukmp, viola, it worked perfectly!

So I'm not sure what happened between the moment I installed the new version and now, but It's fixed. Hope it helps some one else having a similar problem. Check your covers directory.

btw, konttori
is there anyway to make the scan process an option? Kinda like how canola does it, the user can decide whether or not to scan the cards. It takes 2-4 mins to scan and kinda a bummer. Especially when showing it to someone how cool it is. Also can there be some kind of indicator for music position when you scrub forward or back?

thanks

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by sylver78 View Post
Hi Quickchat,

I have the same PCM problem, how exactly (for a newbie) did you fix it? I am unsure how to change the PCM entries or to apply the alsa patch... any help would be most appreciated!
Well, install first leafpad and xterm.
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/leafpad
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/osso-xterm-advanced

then open xterm and write the following:
leafpad /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf

a text editor opens.

Look for pcm3 and replace it with pcm2

I haven't tried it, but from reading the doc on the bugzilla, that seems to be what you should do. Apparently that applies to all 770 hacker edition owners. Not sure about it, so please let us know if that worked.