Active Topics

Hi There,

does anyone know whether this works or tried this with their N800?

http://www.frogpad.com/information/bluefroginfo.asp

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Hi
Not helping much here ...
but if its HID Compliant (and it says it is) it should work !

Fred

There appears to be a JAVA layer that might be required for key mapping.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I like the concept, but the price is a bit too high.

The Frogpad forum indicates that it apparently works fine with the 770.

By the way, I bought the Frogpad and it works great with the N800. Only thing is I am typing very slowly now as I'm still learning how to do it. Its like learning how to type all over again to me, especially when I can type pretty fast on a normal keyboard.

As I reported elsewhere in this forum, I too have recently purchased the BlueTooth FrogPad, which in itself works fine. However, in learning to adapt myself to the new fingering, I have discovered that none of the three available tutorials for it works on the linux platform. They're all designed for the Windows PC or Mac. So, I suppose I'll have to purchase a bluetooth adaptor for my Windows PC laptop in order to avail myself of the tutorials. (My laptop doesn't have bluetooth built in.) I've queried the FrogPad forum for a possible solution to this lack, but have received no response yet.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Is there really that much to the tutorials besides typing practice?

For me, I believe the sequences of key strokes contained in the FrogPad specific tutorial exercises provide more effective training in developing use of and familiarity with the FrogPad than do other more generic tutorials, which are based on the qwerty key layout. However, I do recognize that other users may not deem this all that significant an advantage.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Vancouver, WA
Just ordered mine last night...Frogpad that is...

the lefty model, cuz I plan to use it with my main computer and my trackball is right-hand only

has anyone here actually gained the 40wpm or higher they claim capable in 10-12hrs of use?

--Huck