The next E71/2 device and use the N900 and possible next range as me gadget.

Cant live with out my slim line email centric phone and love the power of N900 type phone but cant see one device covering both types for the next few years

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andygee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrebanza View Post
Right now this phone is as close to flawless as you’ll find. Excuse me… I need a napkin. *drool*
When buying Chinese phones, make sure it lives up to its exceptions. The camera isn't worth mentioning. The Snapdragon is average at best, and it's base clock speed isn't 1GHz as marketed. 512 memory (not only RAM as HTC claims) is nothing special. The screen is not an usual RGB display, it only has two colors. Other than that, the UI is nice. But that's it, nothing that can run Quake III.

Of course, it has plenty of apps and is smooth as hell. Hope you won't miss what you'll lose, and enjoy what you get (which isn't bad, although I can't say I'd get a phone from a company which can't count the amount of RAM correctly). Well, that's my opinion.

Last edited by c0rt3x; 2010-05-08 at 21:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to c0rt3x For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by mrmoosehead View Post
I want a tiny little communicator that makes phone calls, voice activated commands and contact lookup and bluetooth. About the size of a small watch.
Like this?

http://www.inquisitr.com/30102/samsu...eveals-itself/

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I went to the Incredible:

I only used my N900 for a few weeks as a phone, since the GSM radio is much weaker than my G1. No signal with N900 in areas where I get one to two bars with G1 in Ky. Tested three N900's and took a picture of them in a thread late last year, since I had all three at one time, while most (unfairly) had not got their order yet.

Retired my G1, since I got tired of weak Tmo coverage, and almost no app space (do not like apps2sd). I tested a Droid last year, but could not get out of my Tmo contracts, so returned it. I finally got waived from my contracts (due to poor coverage in my area) and now have an Incredible. Lame name, but very good device.

Still using my N900 as my media player and portable MAME, PSX and Flash game system Was using it as a netbook, but Incredible with Flash Lite and FAST 3G works better in that regard. Factor Incredible is getting Flash 10.1 and N900 probably is not, at least the N900 still makes a great media and game player

Added:

Also using my N900 as a phone for trips to England No CDMA over there and Android is a KILLA' for international roaming charges anyways

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-05-09 at 00:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
I'm thinking of heading back to iPhone.. Don't hurt me!
N900 is just unreliable as a phone, at least with it's current FW...

I'm going back to the Motorola DynaTAC

Now THAT's a phone!

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I'm going back to the Motorola DynaTAC

Now THAT's a phone!
That is a personal defense phone

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
I truly so love the N900. It's the best device I have used. That said, my next phone in about 18 months needs to have a kickass camera, 4G (hopefully), GSM, lots of storage, QWERTY and a top-notch browsing and/or app experience.

That said, I am strongly looking to an unlocked Android or maybe back to Nokia. The N8 is very nice looking hardware-wise and I am curious about where apps will be when I am ready. But honestly I don't know where Nokia is headed. They have 18 months to convince me. Until then, I seriously love the N900.

im going nexus or desire soon..

i'm going step 5 of 5, unless the evo 4g somehow makes it on tmo network.

as long as the first meego device is a true successor of the n900 i'll be happy.

4inch screen, 4 row keyboard, 32 gig or more, and the same camera as the n8-00 would be dreamy. and atleast a arm cortex a8 at 1ghz or dual core cortex a9. yep i'll prob spend alot on this device but it'll be worth it.