Notices

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Baltimore, USA
Originally Posted by tirtawn View Post
Full Screen its already there:

ctrl + blue arrow + n => will open a new window but then you will be able to go back to the task manager
try ctrl+[backspace] that pops open the window switcher

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
Hi i just tried the kiosk mode and i love it.
/opt/chromium/chrome --kiosk www.google.com

It looks like app mode but in fullscreen.

Now an idea, a simple GUI to make shortcuts in application menu or desktop to open directly webs like applications (i think it could be useful for facebook, gmail, google calendar, and a lot more)

The Following User Says Thank You to Pretoriano For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
I confirm.

This is the work-around we've all been looking for.

If you have Easy Debian, this is a chroot script (if I'm not mistaken), Run it, wait for xTerm to close, go to any app you choose, and press Ctrl + Space.

It basically shows or hides hildon's ...err... how do I not know this... bar-thingy...

Although, it also does the fullscreen command in Chromium as well, so you will not be able to access your address bar and tabs.

But it's togglable, so not a big problem.

Just in case anyone missed it.

Original idea from rpgAmazon.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Hi,
I need to install script in Chromium, but I really have no ideas how to do that.
weblink to script - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/53796

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by Gainullin View Post
Hi,
I need to install script in Chromium, but I really have no ideas how to do that.
weblink to script - http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/53796

Any suggestions?

I only know how to transform scripts to .xpi for firefox... if this helps...

hi,

its a great browser, but could anyone help me with flash? it crashes very often but i need it for viewing vids. (libflashplayer or so crashes)....

i need it step for step

Originally Posted by kruemel2302 View Post
hi,

its a great browser, but could anyone help me with flash? it crashes very often but i need it for viewing vids. (libflashplayer or so crashes)....

i need it step for step
right now its still unstable for flash viewing.... try overclocking your n900 and watch flash on micro b its alot better

I'm running Google Chrome installed from Extras Devel rep. Its working great. Flash runs like a good un. Currently watching the snooker on it from the BBC iPlayer site. No lag, fluid and smooth!

I also installed a Chrome addon called ChromeTouch. This enables touch screen scrolling instead of having to grab the bar to scroll.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 164 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Chateauroux, FRANCE
i cant sync my gmail bookmarks ....

why ?

Folks,

Can we get SOCKS proxy support on the Chromium N900? I think this is essential to any browser, mobile or not.

Tags
alternative browser, alternative web browser, browser, browser war, browserd fix, chrome, chromium, fremantle, google, inferior compared to ff, maemo, maemo 5, maemo browser alternative, maemo browser war, microb alternative, microb killer, web browser