Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ On the Milky Way
Why Nokia wants to get rid of N900?
I've heard many nokia users that are disappointed by N900.
But many of those doesn't understand this: the best phone for him, or for anyone else, is that phone witch makes him more happy.
We are free to chose our devices. If u like iphone, go get one.
n900: Fremantle/Maemo 5

-- for the volume in pocket -- there is an app to allow for inline headset controls to be customized to perform actions --

if that's something important try it out.

or bluetooth stereo headset with controls

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I'd love to add our. "What a waste of our time."
But then... we're all actively participating here, aren't we?
lol I understand what you mean but I don't go to android's or apple's forum register for a username and make a complaint then leaves.

well, if it's his intention to waste our time he sure win in this one

The Following User Says Thank You to vietn900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
To the OP:

So long my friend, I might join you some day, i will be giving PR1.2 a chance to lift things up.
I understand your problems and couldnt agree more.

For me, I like having a python interpreter in mypocket ready for anything.

For the rest of you, here are some valid points why the OPs post has some good sides :
1. Nokia might see this and maybe consider changing/adding missing things to future N900 updates or other phoned.
2. Potential buyers for the N900 can see the OPs post and realize the N900 is not for them - which will in turn prevent "disappointed" threads that you all hate so much.
3. Lets the OP blow some steam in the most appropriate place, after all he did not specifically name any of you people or tried to offend. (Unlike the cool people who replied with "you wont be missed")

Eitam.

Edit : Fixed typos, posted from N900
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Last edited by eitama; 2010-05-04 at 07:53.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
If he paid £500 he deserves to have his say, even if you may not agree with it.
He didn't pay this money to us, so he deserves nothing here.

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
He didn't pay this money to us, so he deserves nothing here.
AFAIK, you didn't pay a dime to be on these threads, so why should you be the one saying "what's right, and what's wrong" to post in here, as long as it does not violate the forum rules?
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
Some people call it feedback.
So when you buy a book at th4e bookstore and are not happy with it, you go to the grocery store and give the owner 'feedback' about the book?

Wouldn't it make sense to go to the bookstore instead and leave the poor man in the grocery store alone?

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
No, it's not changing. But this is where I get confused... perhaps Ofono was positioned (once in the past) to replace the closed phone bit(s) with an open version?
I remember REPEATEDLY pointing out how disappointed I'd be to see a tablet with a closed phone stack. I remember the REPEATED responses of 'it'll be open! That's what ofono is--an open-source phone stack!' Ugh. Just like all the other promises of openness from Nokia. I'm still more convinced any openness is better credited to a chipset manufacturer than to any effort on Nokia's part. The phone stack is a good illustration of that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by techngro View Post
Hey! That candle flickering app came in very handy when I wanted a romantic dinner with my old woman/
Don't forget rock concerts and you don't have a lighter!

I feel left out by not carrying on this thread. is there anything else in the 13 pages other than;

1) he does not like the N900
2) people comparing or telling him to buy an iphone
3) back and forth arguing about whether the device that is sold as a phone is actually a phone
4) back and forth arguing over whether not having MMS was a bad idea. which can be broken down into
a) one side defending apple/nokia by saying they are moving forwards with the times (these people tend to forget apple had to do a little back peddling on this issue as they were RIDICULED by the entire phone community)
b) one side saying i cant send pics to my gran. (i have to ask what kinda pics do you send to you gran :P)
5) people asking the OP to do his research and use FFMS but yet leaving out that usual disclaimer that is attached to anything in extras devel (funny that)
6) people moaning about updates taking too long. Come on people to be fair they have been pretty good compared to the......nah not gonna go there. its just a case of high expectations
7) last but not least people pointing out the pointlessness of this entire thread while being compelled to carry it on and on ....wait a minute DOH

Its brilliant i love these threads we cant show our disinterest by just not replying and letting it die. we HAVE to add to it, i have just done it myself its great. im not even gonna give my opinion on any of the matters other than little pokes. we have just written 13 pages to a guy that has already sold the phone absolutely brilliant

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neegs For This Useful Post:

Tags
living dead, post bs here