Active Topics

Poll: Who should the target audience of the N900 be?
Poll Options
Who should the target audience of the N900 be?

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
But farley, in 24 months, you get the cheapest plan of all, $50 a month unlimited minutes. Add the $25-30 for data, and $75-80 a month for all you can eat is great. You can never get that with the pay as you go month by month plans, AND you get upgrade dollars

Yeah..the thing is there's no plan that really appeals to me. I want a good data plan (prices are ok) but I want only about 100-200 minutes for voice.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Yeah..the thing is there's no plan that really appeals to me. I want a good data plan (prices are ok) but I want only about 100-200 minutes for voice.
T-Mo used to offer 300 min for $19.99, but that's gone. $29.99 for 300 min + free weekends still ain't bad. Can't get any kinda phone service very much cheaper.

Originally Posted by christexaport
I have never used Linux...
Oooohhh...a rookie, eh? Fresh meat from the M$ freezer...

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Cut teeth on M$, but been mostly Symbian for me nearly 3 years now. Don't like desktops anymore. They're so 2005...

Ok, here's my two cents based on experience: Am not a techy person but love to push boundaries and experiment. I love the fact that my device is capable of doing much more than I get "from the box". However, to be truthful for any noob (myself included) who has only experienced a phone, the 1st questions they will have is about phone functions and features, hence the many questions and frustrations we see on our blogs. So marketing N900, Maemo 5? No, not yet... let Maemo 6 for the ordinary person come out with basic phone features found say on the Symbian platform and then keep in open source for others to "customise" as they will and others to push the envelope! Nokia could sink if they market this phone in it's present state as a lot of people will say it's buggy, it's unstable because they don't appreciate open-source. This concept is new to a lot of us, customising for many of us is: ringtones, wallpapers, caller groups, not applications, functions, OS... and then suddenly you are asked to Flash your own phone?

Now for us in Africa, there's no contracts in some countries, so cost is the immediate factor, I mean honestly a $750 phone compared to food on the table... (no brainer), yet this is an emerging market of young techy hungry, but not tech savy youth, who if they could afford it, would buy it in an instant!

Last edited by tirivaenim; 2010-05-01 at 19:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to tirivaenim For This Useful Post: