Active Topics

Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
ok as some people have no doubt noticed ive just got a n900 and ive noticed something that im not sure if it is related to my pc or n900, i only seem to be able to access the internal storage on my n900 when it is turned off, otherwise all i get is access to the 8gb card i have in the microsd slot or both via pc suite but thats painfully slow?

anyone seen this before

Are you saying you only have access to your 32GB disk when the device is powered off?

Anyway, the way I access the phone and SD from my lappy is to hook up the USB cable and select USB Storage Mode from the phone. It shows up on the computer.

I get the feeling I'm not understanding you correctly.

thats correct, the ~26gb disk (the devices internal drive) only shows when usb is connected with device off. or if i access the phone using pc suites file manager otherwise i cant access it

Well I never knew you could access the disks while the device was powered off. You learn something new every day.

But now that I think about it, there have been times when I could not access the phone while it was powered on. Sometimes a reboot fixed it, sometimes unplug-replug fixed it.

I figured it was just a fluke, or that maybe the OS had locked the disk to write to it or whatever.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London UK
Just plug it in via USB and instead of selecting an option select the backfround on the phone to close the menu.

some sort of lock was what i suspected too

cheers for the info tho. no major issue - easier to fill 26gb that way though lol