Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
For the record, HTC supports two major platforms (WinMo and Android), just like Nokia (Symbian and Maemo). In fact, HTC's WinMo involvement is probably one [of] the reasons they now have to pay license fees to Microsoft for selling Android devices.
This just needs to be repeated every day for the next 12 months. Nokia doesn't have a plan? What a f*ckin' idiot.

Last edited by daperl; 2010-04-29 at 14:32.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Once a year, a new Linux phone.. and orphanage for the previous models. Let's show them how weIt can screw up open-source! Status quo! Here, here!
It's not that nokia has promissed 2 linux devices/year, it's just that there's Intel that will realeas the same os on LG smartphones and asus acer and a bunch of other meego supporters to release linux based devices.

Status quo? I don't think so.

Then there's the complaints about nokia support...
You do know nokia still supports and updates devices released back in 2007 don't you? N82 and N95 were updated a few months ago.
This is one of the reason why I choose Nokia - customer support.

I don't see any other brand doing this, especially since some barely just discovered multitasking and others automatic software updates (that's apple and google/android) for you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
I don't think so, I think lots of people will like it. Maybe i am one of them. I think this phone looks awesome, if it has a slideout keyboard like my N900, i will definately get it.

Great job Nokia!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radiowc For This Useful Post:
I must agree, I was totally anti keyboard before N900, now I don't think I could live without one.

On the other hand N8 is my ideal of a smartphone, strong imaging, strong multimedia - basicly the reason why I started smartphoneing .

(Un)fortunately I already have the N900 and I just can't part with it and having two high end smartphones is snoobish IMHO

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
More proof that Eldar is loosing it... That's all.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by pankajsays View Post
i do not know what people want in a smart phone. they will never be satisfied until it is capable of launching a nuke missile from the camera. (i mean the main camera)
I believe in some instances having the nuke launch from the secondary camera during a call could be a desireable feature.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by mece View Post
Move this thread to Off-Topic please.
Well, it's actually topical... I just don't know why it's in Competitors. Looks like we moderators need a clarification on what that means...

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Perhaps this should be moved to General? As it is now a general topic? hmm.

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
For the record, HTC supports two major platforms (WinMo and Android), just like Nokia (Symbian and Maemo). In fact, HTC's WinMo involvement is probably one the reasons they now have to pay license fees to Microsoft for selling Android devices.

EDIT: Scratch that, HTC supports *three* platforms, I forgot Brew (HTC Smart)
Nothing differs to Nokia's offerings (MeeGo ≈ Android; Symbian ≈ WinMo; Nokia OS (S40/S30) ≈ Brew).

Last edited by c0rt3x; 2010-04-29 at 17:19.

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
This just needs to be repeated every day for the next 12 months. Nokia doesn't have a plan? What a f*ckin' idiot.
It's saddening that so many don't see what's actually happening inside Nokia.
Sure it's totally Nokia's fault that they wheren't more innovative in 2006/2007 when actually funnily enough so many of their concept devices and videos predicted exactly what was going to happen. Actually haven't seen much of concepts coming from Nokia since 2007.

Buying Trolltech in 2008 and getting Qt, making it their modern cross-platform application and UI framework is just what they needed to do because if they would still use the same stuff from Symbian and used their all energy to AVKON and released S^3 faster or something better it wouldn't have done anything to the real problem, AVKON. In a long run it would have hurted much more of what they are doing now. With Qt Nokia have tools to really make something better than Android, WebOS or Iphone OS and not just something that will do, like S^3.

I can already promise that when we get to S^4 and most of all to Harmattan/MeeGo (that's Nokias future high end platform like already revealed in Nokia Capital Markets Day 2009. Symbian takes the ~400e and below) will have totally different feel on transitions and with the response that the UI gives than anything produced by Nokia ever before.

Btw Eldar commented about how many Harmattan/MeeGo devices we will see this year and how will it's hardware compare to N8.
Originally Posted by Eldar
1 device for this year, hw is much better
http://forum2.mobile-review.com/show...ostcount=18743

Last edited by tissot; 2010-04-29 at 17:34.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad mojo, h3ll100ser, ignorant thread, raised nothing, sigh, worst thread