Active Topics

Hey guys,

I was wondering if I'm missing a setting or if someone could point me towards a 3rd party app for this.

On previous cellphones I've owned, if you received a text message but you didn't check it, the phone would vibrate again or play the new message tone again about 10 minutes later. And it would keep doing it until you checked your phone.

I was wondering if anyone had a solution for this

Tanks!

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
try installing callnotify (i think its in extras-testing)

after that you could configure it from the settings menu

Last edited by adhrie; 2010-04-29 at 16:54. Reason: added information

The Following User Says Thank You to adhrie For This Useful Post:
I'm pretty sure callnotify just has an icon if you've missed a call. I want repeated alerts for both missed calls and SMS. Just wanted to see if there's anything out there for the n900

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Jakarta, Indonesia
Originally Posted by Spr33 View Post
I'm pretty sure callnotify just has an icon if you've missed a call. I want repeated alerts for both missed calls and SMS. Just wanted to see if there's anything out there for the n900
i'm also pretty sure that callnotify has options to activate sound and vibration notification, not only visual notification.

it works for me...

for more info http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=48501

Last edited by adhrie; 2010-04-29 at 17:09. Reason: adding link

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adhrie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
hmm by the way is there an app that remind you that you still have unread SMS or phonecalls from before your battery went empty?

i had the problem once that my battery was empty and therefore the phone was out. after i put it on the charger there was nothing... then a friend ask me if i got his SMS and call... I said no, but when i checked the logs i saw that i got both :-/

callnotify for the win. it only vibrates once after the initial 2 from the msg tho! so i keep thinikng im getting emails and i ignore it hahahah

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ New Zealand
Callnotify does both you can set it to make a noise/visual/vibrate every few seconds or minutes and will only stop once message or call has been confirmed as read or checked. You just need to set this via the settings it installs the icon right at the bottom of the settings menu.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEONXT For This Useful Post: