Active Topics

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Has anyone here actually not got a stylus at all for their N800.

I don't mean who has lost one of the two provided or who would like to have a few spare just in case.

Who is totally stylus less?

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Rochester NY
If they don't, they could probably be ordered from the store "Jacks Place" in NYC just as they can for the n810.

If I can figure out how to post a picture on here I'll post one I made of two stylii I made from parts at a local craft shop. Cost: I maybe spent $5 or so for enough to make 7 or 8 stylii. Yes they're not triangular, they're cylindrical. Some are wood and sharpened with a pencil sharpener. They work just fine. Some are made from knitting needles that I cut in two. They work just fine too. No need to make more out of this than it is. IT'S A FREAKING STICK!!! (Okay now here's the pic). If I lose a 50 cent stylus, no biggie...

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...1&d=1224734370
stylii.jpg
Attached Images

Originally Posted by heelio View Post
If I can figure out how to post a picture on here I'll post one I made of two stylii I made from parts at a local craft shop. Cost: I maybe spent $5 or so for enough to make 7 or 8 stylii. Yes they're not triangular, they're cylindrical. Some are wood and sharpened with a pencil sharpener. They work just fine. Some are made from knitting needles that I cut in two. They work just fine too. No need to make more out of this than it is. IT'S A FREAKING STICK!!! (Okay now here's the pic). If I lose a 50 cent stylus, no biggie...

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...1&d=1224734370
stylii.jpg
Are you using a high-tech gadget or knitting a sweater?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
Are you using a high-tech gadget or knitting a sweater?
Now you can do both!

I too am sylus-less. The Jack's Place info isn't a lot of good for a non-US resident as they don't seem to do online orders.

I've contact Leib GmbH to see if I can order from them by phone or email, has anyone found a source for N810 stylus that isn't those two?

Zebee

Check my post under n800. From hong kong $3.33 ea. plus shipping to US. If the stylus is the same this may help you.

Last edited by WINNSBORO1; 2008-12-23 at 02:21.

Alas the N810 stylus is a small cheap looking thing compared to the N800. The n800 one definitely won't fit the n810 slot.

I suspect people going to Boxwise and saying they'd buy a Styra pen/stylus combo if they made one will be my only hope!

Zebee

Does the n900's stylus fit the n810 slot?

Originally Posted by izzox View Post
Does the n900's stylus fit the n810 slot?
The N900 stylus will fit in the N810. The "head" looks a little mis-matched in the opening when it's all the way in. But it does fit all the way in, it doesn't stick out, and the inner friction clip does grip it so it's not likely to fall out.

On the other hand:
The N810 stylus will slide into the N900. But it's not a true fit. It doesn't go far enough in for the friction clip to keep it from dropping out. And the head sticks out from the body of the N900 because the head is a little bigger than the head on the N810 stylus.

The Following User Says Thank You to dvergin For This Useful Post: