Active Topics

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ mid gulf coast florida
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post

What are others using for time synchronization? My RTC is weak on this N810. It doesn't always save the time.

Frank
I am using the ver of rdate from:
http://nitapps.com/

no problems with rotation.

Have noticed a weird quirk with Personal Launcher where it sometimes refuses to launch anything but the first program I select after a re-boot (i.e. I re-boot...use personal launcher to open say FBReader....after that any icon I tap in the launcher opens FBReader...probably due to having installed and reinstalled many programs) going to reflash soon in the hopes of solving this quirk.

otherwise everything is working well.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n9ots For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the compliments guys, but the credit should go to Frank for noticing the system clock correlation and Marius for doing the real investigation and patch (the rest was just a few bugtracker queries, nothing to write home about).

Unfortunately that's not the end of the story: applying that patch results in both RANDR and XINERAMA extensions getting disabled :-( Anyone know how to get logs out of Xomap?

EDIT: False alarm, that was a build problem. I was using dpatch to manage patches, but it turns out the xorg-server build scaffolding is already tooled with quilt. Since the original source package doesn't contain any patches I didn't notice, and once I added a second patch it broke spectacularly (I'm surprised it ever worked in the first place).

The good news is that the bug seems fixed, rotation continues working even after setting the clock several days into the future and back.

Last edited by lma; 2010-04-21 at 22:25.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
The only other possible request to offer comes from this post.
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=10

This could open up the way to have hot and sexy, multiple desktops!

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
I pushed a minor update earler, the only changes are the X server RANDR fix and a busybox rebuilt with thumb instuctions so it's smaller and matches the Nokia version.

I think it's time to make this public so I fired off an email to maemo-developers and 'll coordinate with Jeremiah et al to get the maemo.org repository started. Many thanks to all the brave volunteer testers, couldn't have done it without you :-)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 398 | Thanked: 301 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Texas
I'll confirm rotation is working for me after setting the time with rdate.

Frank

Originally Posted by lma View Post
I pushed a minor update earler, the only changes are the X server RANDR fix and a busybox rebuilt with thumb instuctions so it's smaller and matches the Nokia version.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frank Banul For This Useful Post:
Updated wiki with all requests (that we can actually do something about) from this thread, and also added a list of FIXED-in-Diablo-but-not-released bugs. Please check in case I missed anything.

BTW, is anyone affected by bug 3793? I just remembered I backported the Fremantle patch sometime ago (binary deb attached to the report) but can't test it myself.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Hi lma,

I'm also not fully registered but would love to help test.
Can you please email me the details?

Cheers!

Originally Posted by josh64 View Post
I'm also not fully registered but would love to help test.
Can you please email me the details?
I can't, apparently (see earlier in this thread) the email option is not activated until you have at least 5 posts.

I'd like to test the community SSU, too. I've lost microB's Flash while experimenting with Greasemonkey scripts, thus I have to reflash anyway.

I've got a question: Is it possible to include Brontide's browser and kernel tweaks into the community firmware? They helped to improve the experience a lot and in fact I don't use Tear any more, as it doesn't display some sites I need properly and microB is on par and even faster on some sites with those tweaks.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by Frank Banul View Post

What are others using for time synchronization? My RTC is weak on this N810. It doesn't always save the time.
Openntpd - available in Maemo Extras. Seems to work an absolute treat for me.

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo