Closed Thread
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
DISCLAIMER: Please activate brain before reading this post! This post or the poster of this post cannot be held responsible for false rumors or excessive amounts of volcanic ash in the atmosphere or the amount of chocolate chips in chocolate chip cookies.

Just to throw more wood into the infernal fires called rumor hell:

Perhaps some Nokia business dude got tired hearing about all the dissatisfied N900 users (what a shameless bunch, they are), so he decided to postpone PR1.2 to include some "whiner-killer" feature to stop this endless whining.

Just to make the rumors go crazy:
This killer feature could be anything ranging from official MMS support to massively improved OviMaps.

Who knows? I, for one, am absolutely clueless. I'm just here to pour fuel on the flames.

Sorry for contributing to this ridiculously speculative thread. I'm sure someone, somewhere will take this post as a promise from Nokia to give us both the aforementioned features. To those I say: "Get a life... and a sense of reality, while you're at it, loser!"

Last edited by Cthulhu; 2010-04-19 at 18:59. Reason: Added disclaimer

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
GOOD NEWS: PR 1.2 to include MMS and full featured OviMaps!

Check out: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1677

<g>

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
GOOD NEWS: PR 1.2 to include MMS and full featured OviMaps!

Check out: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1677

<g>
OMG I just saw that. AWESOME!

[I'm a big fan of your post. Notice my "thanks"]

Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
OMG I just saw that. AWESOME!

[I'm a big fan of your post. Notice my "thanks"]
Aaawww, you thank someone for linking to my post, but not me for actually writing it? I'm hurt.

New rumor:
PR1.2 aims to brick all N900's and force people to buy new MeeGo tablets/phones.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
Aaawww, you thank someone for linking to my post, but not me for actually writing it? I'm hurt.

New rumor:
PR1.2 aims to brick all N900's and force people to buy new MeeGo tablets/phones.
I gifted you a thanks for that one... just because I was feeling generous However, the original post I thanked actually did make me laugh out loud. Man, I am pathetic. It really doesn't take much to entertain me.

Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
I gifted you a thanks for that one... just because I was feeling generous However, the original post I thanked actually did make me laugh out loud. Man, I am pathetic. It really doesn't take much to entertain me.
Hehe - perhaps we should all go watch old episodes of The Fast Show instead of wasting our time in this thread.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
rumour said that PR1.2 have been infected with either STD or HIV. Beware of getting your N900 infected by it. Stay away until the public released, it is currently still under testing by a group of NOKIA scientist and volunteer to find the cause of it and way to vacinate against such diseases before releasing it.

I understand that the first symptom of Android Sickness is paranoia.

<hums some awful Radiohead>

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
just met chuck norris..... i asked him about pr1.2.... he sayed he is frustrated too^^

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
oh oh not nice to be nokian...
why?? we have the best phone/tablet ever^^

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever