Notices

Closed Thread
Frals i sent you the Log File. I updated to version 0.9.2 yesterday and i still get the same error msg. "broken pipe check apn settings" but with the new version it is not error 32' instead it says error 110.

This happens every time i try and send mms. i can receive with no prob but i am unable to send it

ty for the foward button. much appreciated. will try out the autoconnect later.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Portugal
when will it be available in extras?

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
thanks a lot for the info.

FYI: if you don't hide the mms apn, you should change the name to zMMS or similar if my theory is correct:

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9500
the apns are selected in alphapetical order at least with my device so MMS vs saunalahti internet is always win for the MMS apn no matter how I configure the connections.

of course if you get the havoc mode working well enough, there is no need for that.

And btw the app seems to function very well, thanks a lot for it!
Doesn't work that way on mine. I've setup up APN's multiple times. Doesn't seem to go in alphabetical order for mine. Seems random, not alphabetical, not order entered.

Finally gave up let the N900 pick which one it defaulted to, then renamed and changed info accordingly.

hey fellas! anyone in canada is using fmms on rogers??
im trying my best but with m y limited knowledge im unable to send or recieve.. can any one help??

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by donaggio View Post
First of all: many thanks for this great app frals!

Just a quick question: how can we delete the mms apn? The "Delete" button in Settings/Internet Connections is greyed out for all the Packet Data APN
Short answer: You can't, and shouldn't. fMMS uses this to send and receive MMS's ;-)

Long answer: Remove it from gconf, but it's still going to break fMMS functionality... I'm looking for a quick redesign so users who can send/receive MMS through their normal 3G IAP won't need two APNs configured.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
FYI: if you don't hide the mms apn, you should change the name to zMMS or similar if my theory is correct:
Waiting for dev comments on https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=9476 where I requested the info.

The "MMS" APN is automatically hidden when running in Havoc mode btw, in the other modes it needs to be visible to work correctly I'm afraid.

Originally Posted by euanandrews View Post
It appears 0.9.3 has introduced a new bug....I can no longer access 'Configure' for the APN.....
Send me the log please, the instructions are on the previous page, my email is <myforumusername>@frals.se

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Venice, Italy
Originally Posted by frals View Post
Short answer: You can't, and shouldn't. fMMS uses this to send and receive MMS's ;-)

Long answer: Remove it from gconf, but it's still going to break fMMS functionality... I'm looking for a quick redesign so users who can send/receive MMS through their normal 3G IAP won't need two APNs configured.
Sorry frals, I misread something... I thought that with version 0.9.3 you could delete the MMS APN created with fAPN and remove fAPN altogether.

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by donaggio View Post
Sorry frals, I misread something... I thought that with version 0.9.3 you could delete the MMS APN created with fAPN and remove fAPN altogether.
Oh - I might have misunderstood you - if you added an access point with fAPN it's safe to delete that one from fAPN and then uninstall fAPN - fMMS adds it's own APN called "MMS" which won't be listed in fAPN

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Romania
ive used 0.7.2 till this morning... and then updated to 0.9.2 ,worked just smoother but i swiched from polite to havoc and i was pleasantly surprised that it worked by itself no need for manually connect to the mms apn.
i got the notification and then the MMS but it has a delay of almost 2-3 minutes between notification and the MMS.

i've updated a few seconds ago to 0.9.3 and still have both the notification sms and mms and using havoc.

Just wanted to thank you for a great app and crystal clear way of playing with for those who are not programmers.

Keep it going like this,

Doru

The Following User Says Thank You to dpaducel For This Useful Post:
Using 0.9.3.

I can now send MMS to people on my contacts using T-Mobile USA. I had no problem receiving with fMMS, but this version lets me send out with no problems to people on T-Mobile USA.

But a small configuration problem still exists:

I can configure and save after the initial boot of fMMS and also can get into Advanced.

However after saving my initial configuration, I can no longer view it by pressing Configuration. That also means I can't change my configuration after setting it up once.

Last edited by ceevee; 2010-04-19 at 17:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to ceevee For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python