Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
You could use the CamKeyd app!
Yes that works.
So it isn't possible to switch between the screen modes?

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by mava2 View Post
Yes that works.
So it isn't possible to switch between the screen modes?
It's ctrl-backspace

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
It's ctrl-backspace
I guess I have to get me another car holder. Currently using the Nokia universal holder. Not possible to open the phone when locked in.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
yes you can and its very very fast. it even brings up all the streets in that post code. sygic is way way way way better then string searching. you can see every st if u cant rmbr how to spell it
not working on uk?

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Copenhagen, Denmark
Sorry if I`m a slowhand but I just updated Sygic and it supports now portrait mode. I hope it also gets me a quick off-line gps signal.

Rgds

oo cool, portait mode

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Luleå, Sweden
Originally Posted by Watergate View Post
Sorry if I`m a slowhand but I just updated Sygic and it supports now portrait mode. I hope it also gets me a quick off-line gps signal.

Rgds
It supported portrait mode before too. You just had to choose it manually. Now it's automatic.

/oxpo

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Used the latest update this morning. Auto rotate display mode is great, less menu presses. Also started in full screen but I think that was because my mods were still there. Overall not a big change to the look but there may be other bug fixes behind the scene. Still no house number on UK postcode search though

For me the accuracy of the fix as reported on the GPS Status screen has gone from averaging 20-30yds before the update to 5-10yds after it.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Also started in full screen but I think that was because my mods were still there.
No, it replaces the .desktop file, so your mods there were overwritten. It's just defaulting to fullscreen mode now.

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn