Notices

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
I saw the GPS Logs in the last release but didn't realise they were actually working. Just been playing around with them.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Thanks for the answer Laughing Man.

Not so much thanks for the "read the rest of the thread" remark. I read this thread. I have posted on it a few times, in fact.

My question related to whether anyone had heard anything about it yet, not whether it was ever coming or how.

On balance though, thanks.

Originally Posted by luma View Post
Here is the post with repository explanations :

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...906#post574906
I couldn't get that repo to work with those instructions, I tried again today and no go. Could someone who actually got it working please post the _exact_ parameters for the application manager setup? Thanks. (As the Sygic server doesn't allow access to directories in general on their server it's not possible to simply figure it out by using a web browser.)

Catalogue Name: Sygic Mobile Maps
Web Address: http://repository.sygic.com/maemo/
Distribution: fremantle
Components: non-free

Please Note:
This repository should only be used by people who have purchased the Sygic software. It isn't for installing the software if you haven't paid for it and will cause problems if you decide to do so without having a valid copy.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Last edited by cardiff-blues; 2010-04-16 at 08:46. Reason: Added disclaimer to prevent misunderstandings

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cardiff-blues For This Useful Post:
Aha, that's better. Thanks!

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Try the following:
Navigate to - Address - United Kingdom - Your City - Your Street - House Number.

Sorry - just read all of your post and noticed that you already knew how to do this by this method. Apologies!
do you get option to add house number when you do a search via postcode?

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
No I don't which is a bit of a shame. It would save a bit of time if they would add that little feature

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post

yes you can and its very very fast. it even brings up all the streets in that post code. sygic is way way way way better then string searching. you can see every st if u cant rmbr how to spell it

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
yes you can and its very very fast. it even brings up all the streets in that post code. sygic is way way way way better then string searching. you can see every st if u cant rmbr how to spell it
Can you tell us how you see this when entering a Postcode to navigate to?

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
then this option is not available for GBR (UK) map

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn