Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
I have 0.0.9-1 installed and it seems to work fine for me. now there is 0.1.0-1 in the app manager and it adds python-runtime, python-pygame and python-bluez as dependencies. I wonder whether these are really necessary?
It doesn't add python-pygame and python-bluez, you can see it does not appear in the package description.

It does add python-runtime and python-xml because I've received complains about these missing dependencies.

The Following User Says Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
for awhile my battery was draining super fast (the past week)
then i installed 0.0.9-1 everything was back to normal, couldnt believe how much battery life I was missing when using the previous version. Then last night i installed the latest one .1.0-1 and i realized my battery was draining really fast again. I am sure it was callnotify because i havent installed anything else, except for FMMS's updates in the past week. anyway, im back to using .9-1 and will post back with what happens.

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Hi omeriko, primarily I love your app, it's superb and works like a dream - all apart from one small thing... Forgive me if this has been answered before (yes I have trawled about 12 pages of this thread looking for the answer but it eludes me) but having missed a call, how do I get rid of the call notification...?

I have someone call me every day to let me know that they are on their way, but it's always only a one-ring call - hence I miss it on purpose. Callnotify then lets me know that I have missed the call exactly as I have configured it, every ten minutes. However, even after I go into my recent calls list and delete the missed calls it still continues to notify me. I currently have 5 missed calls, but not a single missed call in my recent calls list....? There is not a "reset notifications" option that I can find either in the desktop sub-menu, or the main settings>extras>callnotify menu.

It's disabled the notification after a reboot but to have to reboot my phone every time is getting tedious. Tomorrow after they call I'm going to be stuck on 6 missed calls - without having a single missed call in the recent calls list... Bug? Or am I missing something?

Point me in the right direction?

And keep up the good work

@HRZ, The only noticable change between 0.0.9 to 0.1.0 is the addition of two dependencies, that were missing in 0.0.8 as well.
So I don't think it's the version. If the battery drain has anything to do with notify, maybe you've received notification only when using 0.0.8 & 0.1.0 ?
If that's not the case, I'm pretty sure it's not CallNotify who drains the battery. Perhaps it's not something you installed rather than a way you use your device?
I might be wrong, so if anyone is experiencing the same please post here.

@Behemoth, I'm a bit confused - CallNotify has nothing to do with GPS - so it's very weird that you get notification about GPS not available. Perhaps you are referring to a different application?

@Switch_, The clean up of the notification from the status menu is done when closing the yellow notification window after a missed call. You don't need to delete the call from the call log, and actually CallNotify does not listen to these kind of events in order to clean the notification.
Another option to manually reset the notification is to open and close the conversation window.
But, as I said before, the notification should be removed after closing the yellow window that tells you about the missed call.
Anyway - you shouldn't reset every time. Worst case, if nothing helps and you still get the notification even after trying both methods, you can use the x-term and run as root:
killall -9 hildon-status-menu
and then:
killall hildon-status-menu
Use this only if there's no other way to make the notifications go away - although they should go away using one of the ways I described before.

Thank you all for trying and help testing it!

The Following User Says Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
Thanks omeriko, I'll try that next time

FYI what I have been doing is using the yellow notification to open the small "call log" and then using that to go straight to the phone, then delete the call, before returning to desktop - maybe it is doing this rather than simply closing the notification....

Cheers though

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Berlin
@omeriko9: I'm sorry! Don't know how this could happen. My post was for the fahrplan app. There must have been something in my coffe that morning. Sorry again! Will delete my post.

The Following User Says Thank You to Behemoth For This Useful Post:
I installed 1.0.1, didn't appear to work so I uninstalled. Now I have no SMS or missed call notifications at all - no sound, no LED, no entry in missed call list. When I receive a text the "conversations" app opens (and displays the new text) and that's it! Tried reinstalling 1.0.1, still nothing regardless of settings and multiple reboots. Going round in circles here - help!?

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@Scullyno10
Try to reboot your phone.

@omeriko9
I've been testing CallNotify recently - works as supposed. The only glitch I noticed is some inconsistency in SMS notification. For ~1 of 10 received SMSes I don't get notification. I noticed that this happens only for SMS that auto generated(like GSM operator service messages, email2sms etc.). They are coming from short numbers like 1111, 1011 etc. I really don't need notification and reminder for them, but only sharing my observations.
When app is considered stable, I see only one improvement - make sound and vibra notification profile dependent.
Once again - thanks for this app!

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@Scullyno10
Try to reboot your phone.

@omeriko9
I've been testing CallNotify recently - works as supposed. The only glitch I noticed is some inconsistency in SMS notification. For ~1 of 10 received SMSes I don't get notification. I noticed that this happens only for SMS that auto generated(like GSM operator service messages, email2sms etc.). They are coming from short numbers like 1111, 1011 etc. I really don't need notification and reminder for them, but only sharing my observations.
When app is considered stable, I see only one improvement - make sound and vibra notification profile dependent.
Once again - thanks for this app!
That's interesting.

What I do in order to get notifications for SMS's, is register to the d-bus "MessageReceived" signal.
Then, I check if the only parameter returned by this signal (which is a dictionary) has a key with the name "message-type".
I do this to verify this is a message and not a call.

Perhaps, those service messages you're talking about don't have this key.

Can you initiate these kind of messages?
If you can, I'd like to check the dbus signal for them (I'll give you instructions on how to do that).

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Thanks omeriko, I'll try that next time

FYI what I have been doing is using the yellow notification to open the small "call log" and then using that to go straight to the phone, then delete the call, before returning to desktop - maybe it is doing this rather than simply closing the notification....

Cheers though
Hmm... I checked it on my phone - called myself and then clicked the yellow notification which opened the call log.
Then returned to the desktop and the notification was gone...