http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/12/m...one-roots-wit/

If you can't sell your own product (OS), then you shouldn't let anyone else succeed with the same (thus the sudden encouragement of feature phones).

Did you except this rather odd move?

Official page: http://www.kin.com/

Kin Two reminds me of the Sony Mylo.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think it's just a sign that the consumers are graduating from 'really plain phones' to basic ip-capable phones with IM/social services...

At least their market research thinks this is a worthwhile segment to target with those 2 products.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think it's just a sign that the consumers are graduating from 'really plain phones' to basic ip-capable phones with IM/social services...

At least their market research thinks this is a worthwhile segment to target with those 2 products.
"Tweens".

I'm seeing more and more 10-18 year olds with "texting" phones. As much as I hate to see these "spoiled kids", I can't help but think how much easier my childhood would have been, when trying to get the guys together for a game/match.

I would like to know the price of the Kin Two. Seems a nice phone, at least for everyday use. Hey, at least it's not Apple.

Originally Posted by giannoug View Post
I would like to know the price of the Kin Two. Seems a nice phone, at least for everyday use. Hey, at least it's not Apple.
Yeah, but its a "Sharp".

Man I really hate the look of those phones.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by colnago View Post
"Tweens".

I'm seeing more and more 10-18 year olds with "texting" phones. As much as I hate to see these "spoiled kids", I can't help but think how much easier my childhood would have been, when trying to get the guys together for a game/match.
Yup... I suspect that's it exactly... building brand dependency, I mean loyalty early.

I imagine we will start seeing more and more "Bing" mobile apps and services too.

SLN member # 009

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West Virginia
Remember, companies need to create items for the segment of the public that is only interested in twitter / facebook /etc.

In the same way that we have pay-per-month phones where a customer might make 3 calls a month, we have Kin products where people don't care if they can maintain a website from their phone as well.

It will be interesting to see what sort of sales these see, and if it will only be Verizon or any other networks. Any more data geared phones on AT&T before they expand would be amusing.

It seems they are trying to confront Blackberry in their better doing age segment (16-24), hence the big keyboards.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!