Active Topics

Looking for a way to connect my Nikon D3 up to the n900 via usb, or perhaps using the wireless accessory (Nikon WT-4A Wireless file transmitter). and also being able to check the images as the come. Also to use as a mass storage device for the purpose of memory card replacement/overflow.

Possible?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Can the camera act as a USB host? The N900 doesn't have USB on the go available. If the camera can work with a 'dumb' USB mass storage device such as a pen drive then it might well work as it, otherwise unlikely

Who about through the connect over ad-hoc method using the wireless Nikon adapter?

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Jyväskylä, Finland
Originally Posted by Rapparee View Post
Who about through the connect over ad-hoc method using the wireless Nikon adapter?
This should work but at least I would like some one to test this before I would go and buy wireless adapter. I'm Canon man and wireless Canon adapter is way too expensive to get for this purpose if it doesn't even work with N900.

There is already RAW image viewer for Maemo so it's possible to check RAW images with N900.

Edit: Forget to mention that you would need ftp server on N900 to receive these pictures. Don't know if there is already one available for N900.

Last edited by mve; 2010-04-12 at 07:52.

Originally Posted by mve View Post
This should work but at least I would like some one to test this before I would go and buy wireless adapter. I'm Canon man and wireless Canon adapter is way too expensive to get for this purpose if it doesn't even work with N900.

There is already RAW image viewer for Maemo so it's possible to check RAW images with N900.

Edit: Forget to mention that you would need ftp server on N900 to receive these pictures. Don't know if there is already one available for N900.
Well i already own and use the trasmitter. Here is the process I use with it.

The nikon wireless device connects to the camera via usb. My computer has an ad hoc network setup on it. the device connects to the network then the Nikon software does the rest of downloading the images a s taken. So no ftp is needed. I think the trick is getting the n900 and the camera to see one on other over adhoc. Then convince the camera to use the n90 as mass storage, can the n900 use its mass storage function as part of this?

I guess Nikon would be more the ppl to bug about porting their prog to maemo/meego huh?

This is why I guess Ill for ever have to carry around my dell axim that take cf cards... sigh...