Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
NSU carried legacy images the last time I looked. (And they worked for flashing my Sept. pre-prod.)

Use a tool like Navifirm to download them from the NSU server.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore
Originally Posted by Tomaszd View Post
Just contact Nokia to get a LEGACY FIASCO image. I have a PR1.1.1 LEGACY image right here on my desktop... If you need an e-mail address, just PM me.
Hey Tomaszd,
Could you please let me know a download link for the legacy images. My HWID is F4 2001. I am not able to flash the device because the X-loader wont support the HW version!!!! Thanks in advance.

~Pradeep

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by pradeepprakash View Post
Hey Tomaszd, Could you please let me know a download link for the legacy images.
Please read Tomaszd' comment again.
"contact Nokia to get a LEGACY FIASCO image" is a quite clear answer, isn't it? And no, Tomaszd is not Mr. Nokia...

You do not need a special image to flash a preproduction n900...its the same damn phone lol...send me a private msg and i will give you the instructions for anyone who is needing

Why dont you just put it up here? Wont that save you a lot of replies? I am sure there are those in the community who would like to know as well.

I just flash my pr-production phone sucessfully just now, so pls follow my steps to flash yours:
1. Turn the phone into flash mode, don't ask me how
2. Why flasher can't flash the image in your phone The answer is the HW Revision, you HW revision is lower than what the image requires, so we need to change the HW Revision first. Using this order: "flasher.exe --set-hw-revision=2101" (Of course you can change the 4-digital number to the latest one), then plug out the usb cable, turn off the phone by removing the battery
3. Turn the phone into flash mode again, and now we'll flash the OS into the phone, using this order: "flasher.exe -f IMAGE Name -F" and the flasher is working on writing the image to the phone, it'll take about 2~3 minutes, and then restart your phone manually (I don't add the "-R" for it'll show a mistake when flashing the cmt-mcusw at the first time)
4. Turn on your phone and enjoy your new life with N900!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andy Lau For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by Andy Lau View Post
I just flash my pr-production phone sucessfully just now, so pls follow my steps to flash yours:
1. Turn the phone into flash mode, don't ask me how
2. Why flasher can't flash the image in your phone The answer is the HW Revision, you HW revision is lower than what the image requires, so we need to change the HW Revision first. Using this order: "flasher.exe --set-hw-revision=2101" (Of course you can change the 4-digital number to the latest one), then plug out the usb cable, turn off the phone by removing the battery
3. Turn the phone into flash mode again, and now we'll flash the OS into the phone, using this order: "flasher.exe -f IMAGE Name -F" and the flasher is working on writing the image to the phone, it'll take about 2~3 minutes, and then restart your phone manually (I don't add the "-R" for it'll show a mistake when flashing the cmt-mcusw at the first time)
4. Turn on your phone and enjoy your new life with N900!
i get the same problem. my device is loan machine from Nokia Forum to test my app. can't find sim card. then i flash the machine with the same error "....need x-loader....". but the hw version number is 2001. can't flash the latest 2010 firmware. then overwrite the hw version to 2101 as above suggestion. everything is ok. thanks a lot, Andy.

The Following User Says Thank You to pigling For This Useful Post:
I am having the same issue. I am a Nokia Representatives and usually get preproduction units. My N900 Kept rebooting and now it would not turn on Anymore. Just Nokia Logo comes on without backlight, but then it restarts again.

I tried to flash it, but it kept giving me error "To flash the bootloader, you have to supply the X-Loader image." I tried latest image, but it would not work. I tried it in Production mode and R&D mode.

The Top line says: "SW version in image: RX-51_2009_SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_MRO"

And the bottom line says: "Version of 'sw-realease' : RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.40-2_PR_MRO"

See the image

Please help, how can I get this thing to turn on?

Ravi.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by ravirobin View Post
I am having the same issue. I am a Nokia Representatives and usually get preproduction units. My N900 Kept rebooting and now it would not turn on Anymore. Just Nokia Logo comes on without backlight, but then it restarts again.

I tried to flash it, but it kept giving me error "To flash the bootloader, you have to supply the X-Loader image." I tried latest image, but it would not work. I tried it in Production mode and R&D mode.

The Top line says: "SW version in image: RX-51_2009_SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_MRO"

And the bottom line says: "Version of 'sw-realease' : RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.40-2_PR_MRO"

See the image

Please help, how can I get this thing to turn on?

Ravi.
See http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=26 up here. You have to change the HW Revision to 2101.

So I posted my earlier post without realizing that there were three pages. Andy Lau's Mehod worked. Thanks Dude.

The only change I would say is when you are executing the third stage, it's "flasher.exe -F IMAGE Name -f" NOT "flasher.exe -f IMAGE Name -F"

Enjoy