Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by johnel View Post
This thread is highly entertaining.
Ha isnt it just ..... weird thing is the guy who kicked this thread off seems to have dissapeared, awww what a shame lol.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
jeeze not another fecking 'its not a phone' by a fanboy or 50 Vs 'it dont do what it says on the tin' thread.

It is a phone as Nokia advertise it. But the phone app is shite.
It is a mobile computer. With a few features that need ironing out.

And its not great at everything which is why Meego and the N98056F1 is on the cards. Can we move on now.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Hello all,

I think we should be honest and getting the tense out of this stories.
Of course we all agree that the device is not the best Mobile phone which is on the market, and yes we know that its a Internet Tablet with phone functionality.

But heh, the functionality of the phoen part really kinda sucks doesnt it?
So when putting a phone part into a device like this, it should support the basics of any other low coast ******** phone.
I think in this everybody agrees.
Im not talking about a N-Series or I Phone but at least like a NOKIA 3210 the functionality should be given and be usable.

Its a wonderful toy for me and I dont lack too much the phone funcionality due I also carry around a other Mobile phone but still.

About the missing calls, I remarked that mainly this is the case when running on 3G or 3.5G due the lack of support until the device changes to GSM Reception this takes a while and so the device has no connection actually.
Only solution to change settings to GSM only (of course stupid if you use Network for Browning, than there will no other solution then live with it)
But this is not really a device issue then rather a Network issue though.

BR

Wolfpac

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfpac72 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Ha isnt it just ..... weird thing is the guy who kicked this thread off seems to have dissapeared, awww what a shame lol.
Unfortunately etuoyo has left the thread.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
ok i just did a test, CorsixTH running, made a call to the phone with keyboard open, sure enough the phone call popped up, slid the keyboard down and answered in 5 seconds.

then i minimized corsix and started watching a video (with Corsix in the BG), repeated the test and recieved the call and answered (insluding switching from lscape to portrait) and it answered within 5 secs.

You have a faulty device.

im not so sure on the 'worst phone in the world' tag. i have to say ive had plenty of phones with equal or worse functionality- the 'worst phone' gig sounds more like a bunch of spoilt ********* upset over some minimal function their phone cant do for them... simply because they paid so much for their n900 in the first place... having said that, if that missing function is something very basic thats included in most phones (of any price range), you might expect it to have been included since the N900 is hardly at the low budget end of the market... but no phone does everything thats required for everyone. yet!

if its not a genuine problem (ie its playing up/broken) then it looks like u simply bought the wrong phone or didnt look it up online to find out if your much wanted function was possible on the n900... of course, you could always look at the fact that its still a fairly NEW phone, so theres always the possibility that your missing phone function could be included in a future nokia update... perhaps even a third party could even offer better phone functions (?) installable through the phones internet abled application manager.... you never know (provided nokia allow that to happen of course)!

if not, then make sure nokia at least know about your much wanted function-post about it on the general official n900 forums regarding wanted functions, or (better yet) email nokia to find out if itll ever be included. dont simply whine about how 'bad' the phone is in here!

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Danmark
Originally Posted by daemonfin View Post
"Explore these features to learn what you can do with the power of the Nokia N900 mobile computer."
-Nokia.com
seriously? just look above one post and you can see written big IT'S A PHONE.
you're such a fan boy ))
you've just prove that ignoring the fact that the first sentence there is "IT'S A PHONE"

And honestly, when I buy a phone, I buy A PHONE (which implies USSD, sms, MMS, etc phone related) and I'm looking to see what else does it have. and wow, the n900 has also the capabilities of a mobile computer. BUT IT'S a PHONE at first. so stop being a fan boy and think

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emeni For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
off-topic seems to be the way to go with threads atm!
This thread was OT from the opening post. I think you already pointed out, if they titled their thread better they would have gotten a far better response.

Also from what I've seen of the OP's responses, + the title and the tone of the opening post it makes me think trollish.

Just want to add to the OT in regards to is the N900 mobile computer or mobile phone.

I personally think that the phone app isn't really up to scratch if we compare it to current mobile phone functionality.

The mobile computer functionality, especially with the involvement of the community covers a lot of what I consider to be a mobile computer. It lets me email, IM, browse web, ssh, espeak (yay) read ebooks, take notes, etc etc

The still camera function is okay, and pretty good in the right environment after a bit of "hacking" *snigger* with a black pen.

Video camera is blah blah....

Can you see my point? The N900 is a really flexible device, like a computer but mobile! If I list down all its functions, especially if I rank it at how well it does, then the phone app, due to its lack of functions is low down on the list.

Hence the N900 is a mobile computer, with basic phone functionality based on what it actually can do!

Last edited by mahousaru; 2010-04-09 at 13:53.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Lol just when you think this forum can't get any worse you find threads like these. It's like a trainwreck I can't seem to help myself though, I get sucked in every time to see which are fanboys fanning the flames.

What I miss most about this forum is the positive attitude, there was a time when both complaints and praise was delivered in a level headed controlled manner. Instead 'chatty' threads like this are delivered in the most inflammatory way in order to garner thread views and people react emotionally to them.

I wish there was a way to bring that era back when a simple 'Phone portion of my N900 is not operating to expectation' might possibly have been the thread title and the community would have stepped in to try and help the poster achieve expectations. Oh well...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
The moral of the story is:

"He who use bad thread title will be f***ed by many d***heads"

The Following User Says Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post:

Tags
kill the infidels, n900 != phone, troll thread, unproductive thread, worst thread ever