Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by bjknight View Post
Me too. Quit jumping on other people, bandora. I'm quite sure that nobody is as informed as you but that doesn't give you the right to be an a-hole about it.
I agree with @bandora and don't think it was disrespectful. Just read the etiquette for posting or use a little of common sense... why start a new thread if there is a lot of other similar ones?

I understand @SonicSpinner had good intentions, but since the beginning of Internet forums there is a common term for those who write/ask something without do at least a little research before: RTFM

If you don't know what it means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RTFM

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to russo_br For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kassel, Hesse, Germany
Should probably be merged with http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=48162

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.

The Following User Says Thank You to jak For This Useful Post:
I understand how forums work, russo_br.

What I don't understand is why so many posters on this forum feel the need to get stuck into newbs who post perfectly sensible things.

At least two or three people found this thread useful. See above. If that is the case, then that is the point of this thread.

The fact that the list has been posted on the wiki before does not justify a sarcastic post from this guy or from anyone else.

Of course people should RTFM but this is a discussion forum. What's wrong with people wanting to DTFM? A good starting point for discussion is noting what the FM says.

The kids behind their laptop keyboards on here are so snapish that, at times, this forum is quite hostile.

If you see a thread like this one and you note the content is old news to you, just ignore the bloody thing. "What's the point of this thread... (sic)"? What's the point of posting that?

It's ok. It's rhetorical.

If you don't know what it means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bjknight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by stew-b View Post
well i found it useful.thanks for posting it.
learn to use the wiki. this list has been here at tmo too before....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

I understand how forums work, russo_br.

What I don't understand is why so many posters on this forum feel the need to get stuck into newbs who post perfectly sensible things.

At least two or three people found this thread useful. See above. If that is the case, then that is the point of this thread.

The fact that the list has been posted on the wiki before does not justify a sarcastic post from this guy or from anyone else.

Of course people should RTFM but this is a discussion forum. What's wrong with people wanting to DTFM? A good starting point for discussion is noting what the FM says.

The kids behind their laptop keyboards on here are so snapish that, at times, this forum is quite hostile.

If you see a thread like this one and you note the content is old news to you, just ignore the bloody thing. "What's the point of this thread... (sic)"? What's the point of posting that?

It's ok. It's rhetorical.

If you don't know what it means: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhetorical_question
so one thread per one sensible thing? good luck searching anything here after that..... because trolls make multiple threads with nonsense a day in addition to that. should all the news be written every week in case someone has missed it? after a year a newspaper would be pretty thick...

as I said this has already been covered in other thread(s?) so why to create another one?
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Great work, Maemo Greeter. A perfect argument with total justification for speaking to people like they are *****s.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjknight For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Change log for PR 1.2 firmware update" with fifteen posts has been merged into this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
this changelog has been out for a few days (or weeks even). Personally, i don't care about this unless the update comes out. good news though.

nowadays, im just hoping for a much faster and more responsive UI, because currently, it isn't too responsive. more importantly, OVI STORE! MORE APPS/GAMES!! I DON'T CARE IF THEY COST MONEY AS LONG AS I CAN USE MY PHONE FOR ITS APPS.

The Following User Says Thank You to altorn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by altorn View Post
this changelog has been out for a few days (or weeks even). Personally, i don't care about this unless the update comes out. good news though.

nowadays, im just hoping for a much faster and more responsive UI, because currently, it isn't too responsive. more importantly, OVI STORE! MORE APPS/GAMES!! I DON'T CARE IF THEY COST MONEY AS LONG AS I CAN USE MY PHONE FOR ITS APPS.
I have to agree on this one.
But have you checked the repositories?

Great work, Maemo Greeter. A perfect argument with total justification for speaking to people like they are *****s.
I haven't spoken people like they are *****s. it is your interpretation. I only referred to the arguments posted here.

e: keep in mind that we all aren't native English speakers so no need to make further conclusions about double meanings etc or interpreting anything.
Google Custom Search