Active Topics

Poll: Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!
Poll Options
Do you think its possible to overclock the N900?!

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted by meegode View Post
did you open a dos box and type flasher ... manualy, or you are open the flasher with your mouse from windows ?
Oh thanks, i got past that problem now by opening i via cmd prompt.

I have another problem now

In of the cmd prompt : C:/Program Files/maemo/flasher-3.5/

I type : flasher-3.5 -k zImage800mhz -f -R
the output shows:
"flasher v2.5. <sep 24 2009>"

so i know i'm running the cmd via the flasher 3.5, but it also shows

"zImage800mhz: No such file or directory"

I feel so close!! >.< please help me out. I made sure that zImage800mhz matched with my fle name

thanks in advance

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by kangou View Post
It was working well on my 600Mhz kernel, but with the 900Mhz one I've got instant reboot when I tried that (systematically). But someone said before that it was working for him.

Edit: Talking about the SmartReflex, not the scaling_max_freq
SmartReflex is set for me (I used vi to edit /etc/pmconfig.) I never noticed much power saving, but it is set. I'm running at 800Mhz. I'm not having any problems at all.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ottawa, CANADA
does this mean anything?

[31403.250427] WARNING: at /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/kernel-maemo-2.6.28/arch/arm/mach-omap2/clock34xx.c:443 omap3_noncore_dpll_set_rate+0x28c/0x2dc()
~ $

The Following User Says Thank You to tape_ape For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
SmartReflex is set for me (I used vi to edit /etc/pmconfig.) I never noticed much power saving, but it is set. I'm running at 800Mhz. I'm not having any problems at all.
I've just tried the "echo" command, not the pmconfig file. After those reboots, I don't dare

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cali
Does the unlockr way work?
I don't need to install the SDK or anything, do I?

Also, using this method, will I need to manually update the firmware? (I know I already asked, but with this particular way)

http://theunlockr.com/2010/04/05/how...ur-nokia-n900/

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Hmm. Considering we can now simply overclock using titan's kernel via terminal command, can someone make a desktop widget for it?

eg, Desktop widget showing the current overclocked value and able to go up or down in overclock via the widget's setting.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ The Bay, CA
Guys I hate to do this but since there seems to be so many knowledgeable people in this thread, I need some assistance:

I got a new N900 about 2 months ago since that incident but I'm having a weird problem. Out the box my home partition was 1.88gb/1.97gb. I flashed the N900 multiple times... Emmc, OTA, Firmware. When all was said and done I freed up some room... 1.74gb/1.97gb.

Here is some screen shots:

My phone:

Example of Normal Home Partition:

My question is how do I free up more room? I know Ive been using my "MyDocs" for music and stuff, but Ive never messed around with the "Home" partition. The main reason I want to free up some reason is because 1) I don't even know what data is there and 2) I'm hoping I get a speed boost, even if it's small.

Oh yea, and I'm running at 900mhz with 500mhz DSP. Is there anyway to restore the "About" section after OCing? Thanks guys!

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by RogerTHAcctant View Post
Oh thanks, i got past that problem now by opening i via cmd prompt.

I have another problem now

In of the cmd prompt : C:/Program Files/maemo/flasher-3.5/

I type : flasher-3.5 -k zImage800mhz -f -R
the output shows:
"flasher v2.5. <sep 24 2009>"

so i know i'm running the cmd via the flasher 3.5, but it also shows

"zImage800mhz: No such file or directory"

I feel so close!! >.< please help me out. I made sure that zImage800mhz matched with my fle name

thanks in advance
Is the zImage in the same directory as flasher-3.5?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by baynut View Post
Guys I hate to do this but since there seems to be so many knowledgeable people in this thread, I need some assistance:

I got a new N900 about 2 months ago since that incident but I'm having a weird problem. Out the box my home partition was 1.88gb/1.97gb. I flashed the N900 multiple times... Emmc, OTA, Firmware. When all was said and done I freed up some room... 1.74gb/1.97gb.

Here is some screen shots:

My phone:

Example of Normal Home Partition:

My question is how do I free up more room? I know Ive been using my "MyDocs" for music and stuff, but Ive never messed around with the "Home" partition. The main reason I want to free up some reason is because 1) I don't even know what data is there and 2) I'm hoping I get a speed boost, even if it's small.

Oh yea, and I'm running at 900mhz with 500mhz DSP. Is there anyway to restore the "About" section after OCing? Thanks guys!
You don't need any more room.

You can restore the About section. Read back the last 10-20 pages and you will find it discussed. Ask if there's something you don't understand.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Not sure if this has already been posted, but today, Peter@Maemo and Tekojo (both Nokia employees) have reiterated the official stance: Do not overclock the N900, it is a bad idea and it will void the warranty.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:

Tags
cooking on gas, cortex-a8, faster, first to fry it wins!, hardware, its smoking, n900, need for speed, need for weed, nos, omap, omap3, omap3430, overclock, overclocking, soc, system-on-a-chip, the dogs, this thread got good!, vtec just kicked in y0!, warranty will be void, whooplah, zoom zoom