Binary
Source

Here's a version with ESD compiled in. You'll need libesd0 (apt-get install libesd0), but you should have sound. Can't test right now - can someone else give it a go?

Also as for the power saving patches, try and find the source, i'd love it...

Last edited by t3h; 2010-04-01 at 02:30.

Originally Posted by t3h View Post
Binary
Source

Here's a version with ESD compiled in. You'll need libesd0 (apt-get install libesd0), but you should have sound. Can't test right now - can someone else give it a go?

Also as for the power saving patches, try and find the source, i'd love it...
So, am I understanding correctly that this wouldn't work on an N810? (Thank you in advance for all the hard work.)

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
So, am I understanding correctly that this wouldn't work on an N810? (Thank you in advance for all the hard work.)
No, as it's built against the Fremantle SDK. That said, the last two specific N900 builds have been getting stuff to work again, so you can use the older 0.3, and not be missing out on much:

http://gm.stackunderflow.com/maemo/b...ary_0.3.tar.gz

Anyone with a N900 should be using 0.5 though.

The Following User Says Thank You to t3h For This Useful Post:
No, as it's built against the Fremantle SDK. That said, the last two specific N900 builds have been getting stuff to work again, so you can use the older 0.3, and not be missing out on much:

http://gm.stackunderflow.com/maemo/b...ary_0.3.tar.gz

Anyone with a N900 should be using 0.5 though.
Great! Thank you! So, what instructions should I be using to install this? Your pages from the original post seem to be gone, and I didn't see anything in the .tar file.

Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
Great! Thank you! So, what instructions should I be using to install this? Your pages from the original post seem to be gone, and I didn't see anything in the .tar file.
Put the .desktop into /usr/share/hildon/applications/ and put the BasiliskII into /usr/bin, and use it either from X terminal like the desktop version with command line arguments, or edit ~/.basilisk_ii_prefs.

Now this is just wrong...

Hasn't technology come a long way?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to t3h For This Useful Post:
Put the .desktop into /usr/share/hildon/applications/ and put the BasiliskII into /usr/bin, and use it either from X terminal like the desktop version with command line arguments, or edit ~/.basilisk_ii_prefs.
Can you please give n00b instructions for installation? I really want to get this going on my N900. Thanks.

Ok, I've got something going.

ESD sound is not compiled into this build, the N900 uses PulseAudio instead. I'll get it behaving later. I haven't tested my hildonized fullscreen yet...

It's compiled with the arm7 compiler in the Maemo SDK, and I should be able to apply some additional optimisations later.

Also it's just the binary, I'll have to make it more user-friendly later. And make it smaller.

Binary
Source

My understanding is that Pulseaudio should grab any audio intended for ESD and play it, did you compile without because it wasn't working or just haven't run across the full how-to for Pulseaudio?

Holy cow... I wonder how poorly (or well) an Amiga emulator would run inside of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ElgKvKFuY

Originally Posted by dragon_788 View Post
My understanding is that Pulseaudio should grab any audio intended for ESD and play it, did you compile without because it wasn't working or just haven't run across the full how-to for Pulseaudio?
I had to hack the config.h and Makefile because even after installing libesd0, ./configure still didn't find it. That was the issue, not Pulseaudio. Can you test the current build?

You may need to apt-get install libesd0 on the n900 though.