Active Topics

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
I am looking for the nfs packege only or the .ko for that matter... I do not want to replace my kernel.... And no I dont need samaba and yes I all ready have cifs running... I just need NFS for work.

Any ideas out there?

Thank You,

The Following User Says Thank You to SeRi@lDiE For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Have you tried Fanoush's web site?

http://fanoush.wz.cz/maemo

Yes but he only has the kernel packege and I am only lookin for the .ko install for nfs like we do with cifs.. unles I have to have that kernel...?!?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Erlangen
It should be possible to get the SDK, the kernel sources with nokia pathces and recompile the whole kernel with exactly the config the firmware kernel has. Then you could enable additional modules in the config unless they do not require additional functionality compiled into the kernel to work (that of course would trigger a recopile of the whole kernel with a different kernel as result compared to the firmware kernel).
However, I succeeded in doing this for additional iptables modules (which do not require any additional changes inside but to be enabled in the config), i also succeeded in building a nfs module once, however i never used it (just enabled it to be build as module so i don;t have to do it again if i would need it).
As the new Firmwar image is out I'll have to rebuidl my custom modules anyway, if i get a nfs module fitting to the firmware installed kernel, I'll post it somwhere and let you know here. But might take up to a week until i'll find time.

Btw. if you want to do it yourself, all i needed to get the SDK with the kernel sources setup for compilation was the SDK install howto and the Kernel howto (both somewhere on maemo.org).

greygoo Thanks for the tips I am aware of that but what I am trying to avoid is having to replace my kernel.

Thanks

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Dunedin, New Zealand
No need to replace the kernel.

Install the "rx-34-kernel-nfs-modules" package. I don't remember which repository it is in, but it is one of the main ones. No doubt you'll need red-pill mode enabled to do this.

You'll need to insmod the modules yourself. Also, with previous firmware versions, the mount command in busybox was crippled, and needed to be replaced, but it seems to work in the latest release. You'll also want to install portmap, or mount using the "nolock" option. You can also install rpc.statd if you want (from the nfs-common package), but this probably isn't important for you.

There are a few older threads about this from back a few months. Try searching for them if you want more info.

/Lon

Thanks lon!!!!

WTF?!? I did apt-get install nfs-common and apt-get wanted to remove 18 packeges before it installed nfs-common!?!

Any ideas?

By the way I did get it installed.

Thanks!

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Manitoba, Canada
SeRi@lDiE: Did you let the 'apt-get install nfs-common' go ahead and remove all those packages that you alluded to? I noticed the same thing, got worried, and decided to wait for the answer that you had got. Those other apps 'look' important...

Thanks