Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I'm using it too in the US. This I think is a prefetch bug. There are many map folders for the US, Sygic breaks the country down and ID's POI's by region apparently. The region I am in is the Philadelphia Metro Region. For faster searches it must load just the POI's for the region you are currently located. I have seen what you describe when I search for a POI outside my region. However, the POI's are still there.

When I go to "browse map", zoom out, and move the cursor to any part of the country: If I tap the menu button and select "Find nearby POI" It does return all nearby POI's. A search for "Borders" in Oklahoma City took about 15 seconds, but it gave me the Borders on the Northwest expressway there.
I am in Philly TOO!!! i didnt know any other n900's were floating around here. thats awesome!!!

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
I have tried everything with this very bad software to get a good position and smooth arrow even the instructions are wrong, It's telling me to keep right and turn left on a straight road.
All that sygic have told me is that the gps in my n900 is weak and its not the fault of the software i asked for a refund but ha ha no chance so will have too go through card company instead. I can't believe how bad this software is, using ovi maps on my phone is nearly exact maybe no more than 2 metres out but it uses the same gps as sygic in my phone.
Also sygic said they havn't heard of any other problems with the n900 and only one person with an iphone has reported a problem yeah right !!!!!

i will now try and change the ram from 10 to 15 thanks ronaldo shame sygic support arn't as helpful as everyone on here.

Last edited by torres76; 2010-03-29 at 17:38.

i'v used this alot and also done tests, for me after doing some settings mod to get the position right its working great for me. quick lock and seems to know where i am.

Originally Posted by azz View Post
It keep asking because you have "network positioning" ticked ON. If you don't want it to keep asking you, turn it off via setting>location.
Thats not correct if its turned off it asks you but if its on it doesnt need to ask you !!

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
i'v used this alot and also done tests, for me after doing some settings mod to get the position right its working great for me. quick lock and seems to know where i am.
can you explain to me what you have done i will copy your settings cheers.

@torres76: Please use some punctuation, at least if you want more people to read your posts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
i didnt read what your actual problem was but here is what i have, hope it helps.

Code:
[Application]
title=Mobile Maps 9
name=Sygic
fps=16.0
memory=autodetect
swVersion=7.71.7763
topMost=true

; Define custom splash screen
splash=mobilemaps
; bacground color of spash screen (hex), defaul = 000000 black
splashBgr=#000000
; If true center image of splash is stretched
CenterStretch=false
; Move center image of splash screen to different position (TL, TR, BL, BL) C = no moving
CenterMove=C

[Default]
com=Integrated GPS,9600
HardwareChange=false
antialias=false
poiVisible=false

[Settings]
showSafetyMsg=false
;DPI=96
DPI=220
;IconSize=3
processing=fribidi
PositionFiltering=false
colorMode=RGB565
showSafetyMsg=false
ResourcePath=/../../Res
MapPath=/../../Maps
NewVolumeSys=false
;MaxSpeed=190
;VolumeFactor=2.0
language=english.lang
languageAsk=true
voice=english
voiceAsk=true
unit=kilometer
unitAsk=true
time=europe
timeAsk=true
coords=degrees
coordsAsk=false
keybList=1
keybListsAsk=false
keybTypeRoman=QWERTY
keybTypeChinese=NONE
keybTypeAsk=false
disableUnKeys=true
disableUnKeysAsk=false

map=Europe.mlm
mapAsk=true
BrowseZoom=45000000
menuCursor=autodetect
RouteComp=enable
keyboard=autodetect
timezone=+00:00_a
hasClock=true
autosync=false
;recommendedRam=15.0

The Following User Says Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
@torres76: Please use some punctuation, at least if you want more people to read your posts.
this isnt an english essay as long as everyone can read it whats the problem ?

i see your ram was set to 15 mine was on 10 could be a very valid reason i will try it.

Last edited by torres76; 2010-03-29 at 17:32.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
this isnt an english essay as long as everyone can read it whats the problem ?
that everyone need more time to read your posts. and instead of reading it many are skipping it.
so for your own benefit (more readers = more help) you should use at least some punctuation..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
ok zehjotkah i will listen to you but never been good at writing. THANKS RONALDO I WILL COPY YOURS.

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn