Active Topics

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Nipperoid View Post
OK thanks, anybody know a good screen protector for n900? one that preserves the feel of the screen as much as possible??
Don't get Zagg, if you don't want your device to be sticky and feel when touching the screen. But do go for a cheapy screen protector off ebay. They are good enough for your N900. I got a ClearTech and it suck on screen. ClearTech is made of the same material as Zagg and very hard to keep clean.

And it takes more than 1hour to fully put it on. And left out of action for atleast 5hours to dry.

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
As for screen protectors, if you really don't like messy looking things, don't get them from Lexerd either.

The ones I received (2), were very horribly cut. The holes for the various sensors on the front of the N900 were out of line, as was the hole for the earpiece. The sides were curved.... I could go on and on.

Send me a reply if you know any screen protector that fits almost snug with the bezel around the screen area, it would be much appreciated.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

The Following User Says Thank You to xomm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
As for screen protectors, if you really don't like messy looking things, don't get them from Lexerd either.

The ones I received (2), were very horribly cut. The holes for the various sensors on the front of the N900 were out of line, as was the hole for the earpiece. The sides were curved.... I could go on and on.

Send me a reply if you know any screen protector that fits almost snug with the bezel around the screen area, it would be much appreciated.
Lol I got the same problem with the screen protectors I bought. It just won't fit properly unless I cut it again later.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Ok, thank you, now a few more questions. N900 is on it's way, nokiaretail says "ready to dispatch" and I was wondering

on the litle drop drop down menu, with profile mode etc I see many peoples on here with brightness and snapshot etc, which do you guys reccomend as the best applets for this menu?

What is the widget to display uptime, boots and mAh and such?

Thanks

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kassel, Germany
just back to one of the question: accessing the root fs:

i do that from my laptop using sftp - i have openssh server installed and i use Nautilus to browse the content of the phone. you need to take note of the ip address of the N900 say in your home wireless network, that there you go.

hope this helps.

wahlau.

The Following User Says Thank You to wahlau For This Useful Post:
OK thanks, anybody know a good screen protector for n900? one that preserves the feel of the screen as much as possible??
Don't get a cheap one is all I can say.

I have had 5! Yes, I was stupid enough to buy 5 different cheap ones, varying from £1.95 - £4, and they haven't been particularly easy to put on, some didn't even fit (too big). I'm currently using my cheap one as thats the only one that went on with no bubbles on the screen, only around the corners. Will be buying a more expensive one soon I think!

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Ok, thank you, now a few more questions. N900 is on it's way, nokiaretail says "ready to dispatch" and I was wondering

on the litle drop drop down menu, with profile mode etc I see many peoples on here with brightness and snapshot etc, which do you guys reccomend as the best applets for this menu?

What is the widget to display uptime, boots and mAh and such?

Thanks
Must Haves:

Brightness: Simple Brightness Applet
Snapshot: Load-applet
Widget: Desktop Command Execution Widget
Flashlight: Flashlight
Cellular Modem Control Buttons (turns phone radio on/off, while keeping Wi-Fi on)
OMWeather (weather.com frontend)

Plenty more, but I'm about to leave for Cancun for spring break.

Will post more on the train.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Thanks a lot! you guys are so helpful!

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
I'm happy with my Vikuiti screen protector from protectionfilms24.com.

Also I like the 2G/3G selection mode applet, it lets me choose when i want to save power vs download speeds.

can i ask now a question

when i order from Nokiaretail.co.uk, and i see "ready to dispatch" how long do i have to wait for my Telephone?, it has said this since friday.