Active Topics

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Assuming that you've ran af-sb-init.sh, have you tried running mce with "run-standalone.sh" prefixed?

P.S. You may find http://www.mail-archive.com/maemo-de.../msg20027.html interesting.
sh-2.05b# run-standalone.sh /etc/init.d/mce start
Starting Mode Controller Entity: mce
sh-2.05b#
Basically it starts, then quits again.
Running it with --debug-mode seems to output the same error as the above post
Starting dsme/mce using run-standalone.sh start outputs:
start: Unable to send message: Connection refused

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by rmoravcik View Post
I tried to rotate screen using xrandr and this what I get
I dont think portrait on screen keyboard is available. If you look closely at the screen shot you can see two unused buttons on the lower corner of both sides. I doubt they will leave unused buttons when space is premium.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
I dont think portrait on screen keyboard is available. If you look closely at the screen shot you can see two unused buttons on the lower corner of both sides. I doubt they will leave unused buttons when space is premium.
If you look at the first post you'll see they're available in the landscape one. They act as backspace and shift.

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
Has anyone tried to see what kind of stuff xrandr does in ogher places of the system? IE dashboard and menu?

hi everyone im facing 2 problems on my N900 first i can't download third party application and games it' writing (installation file corrupted) and second my phone is connecting to the wi fi but i can't use the internet i donno why i have the virgin 3 2010.02.8 and i don't know if it's the latest update on my n900 i hope u can help me solve these problem and thx a lot

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
maikk21 start a new thread for you totally unrelated problims
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

hi eveyone i have the virgin 3 2010.02 -8.003 i wanna ask it is the last update for the n900 and how can i get the pr 1.2?

Wow, im very excited for the bookmark and back button on portrait mode. That makes the portrait mode usable. Very excited about that.

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by maikk21 View Post
hi eveyone i have the virgin 3 2010.02 -8.003 i wanna ask it is the last update for the n900 and how can i get the pr 1.2?
Please move your unrelated questions to a new thread. This one is about the SDK not the update.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skalogre For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by antoarts View Post
Has anyone tried to see what kind of stuff xrandr does in ogher places of the system? IE dashboard and menu?
xrandr forces a rotation so it will rotate in all apps not just in the keyboard/browser (think of it as the python rotate script)

Tags
delete orangedouche again, delete post #205, delete post #225, maemo 5 sdk, pr 1.2, pr1.2