Notices

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
I play winter sports, so it soon time for me to do my off season training, and I am planning on doing that acompanied by e-coach. BUT I can't get a good gps-fix. I use google hybrid as map, and it is always some 300 meters off my actual position. I have used ovi maps with good precision, and now sygic with equally good precision, but e-coach can't give me that. Is there any settings I could look at? I have all repositoris activated, so I should have the latest version.

EDIT: silly me. It just needed some time to get the fix. It seemed as if it had, but when I gave it time is gave me a notification and perfect positioning.

Last edited by Strutten; 2010-03-23 at 11:47.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
Hi can i just say that e-coach has been useless for me when i went out cycling it worked for a while but just stopped after 5minutes so didnt even record my whole ride this has happened 4 times now i have deleted it.

Did you report this or provide any feedback. I had an issue on one ride but otherwise it worked well.

However when first using it I kept losing rides as i did not stop the recording before exiting the application. I still find it annoying that there is no "Save" button, the response from stoping the recording is ambiguous too.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Could be great news about the EA sprts chest strap. Polar have produced a BT one but it is not yet available commercially. I enquired about the Zephry one and it is over £100. Doubtless a quality product but way to much just for a HR chest strap at the moment. £50 would be my limit to pay.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
What are the criterias for a chest strap to work with eCoach? BT is a given, bur other than that? I have found some fairly reasonable prices on Beurer and OBH Nordica, and wonder if those could work?

Hello all,

I have been using e-coach will bike riding and am pretty impressed. However, I have a problem with altitude. I was impressed to see that my last bike ride rose to 243m. However, when I checked the location on google earth it was in fact about 190m. I appreciate that there are errors with GPS altitude but I thought they would be less than this.
Is there anyway to calibrate? Or perhaps read altitude from the map - given the GPS position - using open cycle map or something?

Any thoughts?

Chris

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
In the screen shots on the ecoach home page it shows a charting tool.
Where do I set this up
I get the summary in ecoach, (2nd image) but not the 1st image????

[IMG][/IMG]

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Strutten View Post
What are the criterias for a chest strap to work with eCoach? BT is a given, bur other than that? I have found some fairly reasonable prices on Beurer and OBH Nordica, and wonder if those could work?
It must have Bluetooth connection and the heart rate data cant be encrypted, otherwise it wont be possible to utilize it in eCoach...

Originally Posted by italian chris View Post
Hello all,

I have been using e-coach will bike riding and am pretty impressed. However, I have a problem with altitude. I was impressed to see that my last bike ride rose to 243m. However, when I checked the location on google earth it was in fact about 190m. I appreciate that there are errors with GPS altitude but I thought they would be less than this.
Is there anyway to calibrate? Or perhaps read altitude from the map - given the GPS position - using open cycle map or something?

Any thoughts?

Chris
I have not done much testing with altitude from GPS as in my experience it is very difficult to get accurate altitude readings from the GPS.

Originally Posted by edgedemon View Post
In the screen shots on the ecoach home page it shows a charting tool.
Where do I set this up
I get the summary in ecoach, (2nd image) but not the 1st image????

[IMG][/IMG]
Try to swipe from right on that summary view

I've now tried eCoach for a little while, and have some questions/ suggestions.

1) Is it possible to plot a route? When trying new routes I look them up online, but it would be so great to plot then in eCoach (I need nothing more than the ability to draw a line on the map) and use eCoach as a map while running.

2) Would it be possible to make it interact with some weather widget (or online data) to get some weather info in the data sheet? It would be nice to be able to compare my runs with what kind of weather it was.

3) I've now bought a heart rate monitor with analog signal, why I don't have any hopes of making it connect to eCoach, but it would be very nice to be able to manually insert the values I get fro that device into eCoach.

Other than that I have to say that I love eCoach! It looks very nice! Is it qt4.6 now?

regards,

Strutten

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strutten For This Useful Post: