Active Topics

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by play2win View Post
Where is this Skype download so I can install this? I have been patiently waiting for this! Can someone post the link and how to get it installed.
Just open the Application menu on you updated N800 and click on the Skype icon.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
If I disconnect (not "Close" the program), when pressing the "Access" button after having changed account, Skype will crash.

Originally Posted by maxilogan View Post
If I disconnect (not "Close" the program), when pressing the "Access" button after having changed account, Skype will crash.
Can you explain in more detail how to reproduce this - I don't recognise the terms you are using (probably 'cos I'm still new to Skype).

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Can you explain in more detail how to reproduce this - I don't recognise the terms you are using (probably 'cos I'm still new to Skype).
Don't worry... I've managed to reproduce the bug.

1. Sign into Skype (I have "Sign in when Skype starts" enabled)
2. Sign out
3. Enter password on Sign in page and press the "Sign in" button
4. Skype closes down without warning.

Neato! And there's no information in dmesg, so it's a silent crash/close.

Now, if only we knew where to report all of these Skype bugs...

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Finland
I did make my first call to friend with N800 Skype. Sound was not very good. He did check and told me that our skype call did lost packets. Then I did call him from my pc skype with Dualphone and no sound problem. Wonder if problem is my Wlan router, N800 or Skype.

I know I should try find other wlan connection and try there, but.. Maybe sometimes.. when its possible. Just hope that my N800 is ok. I have has some issues when I listened net radio with it. It plays some time and stops. Last time it did work little better when I did turn search network connections from N800 settings off. Hope my N800 wlan is not bad or anything.

How I test if N800 Wlan does lost packages?

--

I did update my Wlan routen firmware. It was really old. Even changes log didnt have my firmware listed. Now netradio seems work better.. It keeps playing and havent stop yet. Like it used to do. I just would love to make Skype test call.. But its middle of night.. 2AM at Finland.. so I dont have anyone to call.. Cant wait..

Last edited by Mika73; 2007-07-08 at 22:52.

Would someone like to make Skype test call..

Originally Posted by Mika73 View Post
Would someone like to make Skype test call..
you can call me in cordova , Tennessee, usa under name of doctoss. or I can call you

Originally Posted by doctoss View Post
you can call me in cordova , Tennessee, usa under name of doctoss. or I can call you
Thank you. It was little odd call to someone I dont know nothing. But I think that sound was lot better than it was before. So updating Wifi router firmware did help. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by doctoss View Post

Mika, good to talk with you. Your voice sounded clear here in usa. Tom

Wifi router firmware update did definitely help. My netradio havent stop playing anymore and irc xchat client wont lose its connection anymore. N800 is getting better and better.